MoPars Left For Dead

-
same car today…
IMG_9321.jpeg

IMG_9318.jpeg

1975 Crown Imperial Lebaron Coupe. You couldn’t see this car from 20’ due to all the trees that had grown up around it .Its behind my Barracuda !

IMG_8606.jpeg

IMG_8602.jpeg

IMG_8604.jpeg

Photo taken June

Come to think of it my Barracuda was an empty shell laying in a field .
All my cars were left for dead ! Lol
IMG_1192.jpeg

IMG_1063.jpeg

I grew up in Minnetonka on Hwy 7 in the 60s and 70s . We would sit and watch the cars go down the highway. There was a Superbird or Daytona that would go by every so often . We thought it was a racecar ..lol
There was also a white 70 Charger SE that would turn onto our street after getting premium at the nearby Holiday gas station ….
IMG_1192.jpeg

I grew up in Minnetonka on Hwy 7 in the 60s and 70s . We would sit and watch the cars go down the highway. There was a Superbird or Daytona that would go by every so often . We thought it was a racecar ..lol
There was also a white 70 Charger SE that would turn onto our street after getting premium at the nearby Holiday gas station ….
View attachment 1716155084
Thanks for bringing me back to the old stomping grounds, at least in my mind. I lived just south of Excelsior Blvd 2 miles south of that Holiday. Never saw any Daytonas or Superbirds though. Minnetonka or Hopkins high?

Minnetonka. I worked at that Holiday and Shakeys Pizza thru high School. Thats where I met Travis Jarmin the original owner of my Charger .
What year did you graduate ?

Minnetonka. I worked at that Holiday and Shakeys Pizza thru high School. Thats where I met Travis Jarmin the original owner of my Charger .
What year did you graduate ?
I'm a little younger, 1993 from Hopkins. Shakey's was awesome. I worked at the Glen Lake gas stations after high school. My folks still live in the house they bought in 1978. I'll be up that way tomorrow.

All's I got to say is that's Really Fricking Sad. Especially when there are Guys n Gals like US that would Love to have even 1 of those to fix and Drive.

I lived just south of Excelsior Blvd 2 miles south of that Holiday. Never saw any Daytonas or Superbirds though.
Do either of you guys remember Neil's Champion Auto on Mtka Blvd and 101? That was my first auto parts gig.

Do either of you guys remember Neil's Champion Auto on Mtka Blvd and 101? That was my first auto parts gig.
Oh yeah! My friends worked at the Amoco just east of that intersection for years. Champion had there main office off of Mtka Blvd between 101 and Williston Rd.

Williston Road, south of Hwy 7...

I used to take my '71 V8 Vega down that road at "stupid fast speeds" on Saturday nights just to see how far I could make it fly. (God, I was an idiot!)

(Wayzata, Class of '83)
I hit 65 coasting from the top of the hill heading south, Made it over halfway to excelsior Blvd.

Williston Road, south of Hwy 7...

I used to take my '71 V8 Vega down that road at "stupid fast speeds" on Saturday nights just to see how far I could make it fly. (God, I was an idiot!)

(Wayzata, Class of '83)
There was 2 hillbilly brothers that owned 57-59 Vettes with N50s that lived on Williston Rd .
I worked at the Holiday on Hwy 7 and they would come in for 98 octane . Blew the tires off when leaving down 7 . We got all the coolest cars in since Holiday was the last station in town carrying hi octane fuel . I filled up my future 70 Charger many times there .

Hay GUYS n Gals I Kidi U not. But there were 3 Guys here in Yakima and each had the Super bird . 1 Guy ended up with all 3 His last name was Mendoza and He passed earlier this year and his daughter got custody of them and I don't know what She did with them for sure but I believe she sold them

-
Back