Mopars on the Mississippi

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Allthough I am not an official spokesman, I want to invite everyone to
Mopars on the Mississippi, Sunday, August 27 at the McAleece Park and Recreation Complex in Dubuque, Iowa. A great show and swap meet
In the scenic city of Dubuque on the Mississippi River. There is a Cruise-in
Sat. night with over 100 cars last year. It was a great time last year and I'm
looking forward to this year. I hope to meet some of you guys there. For more info check out chicagolandmopar.com and click on the events tab.
Mike

I'm shooting to be there this year with my '69 'Cuda!! Have YET to make it out to that show, and this is hopefully the year to change that. I've always heard good things about the show!!

I've been there three years in a row. The first two years as a spectatorand last year I put in my 66 Dart. I think I was the only car with faded paint and rusty 1/4's but the nice bunch of guys at the cruise on Saturday night said
I should put it in the show, so I did. I had a ton of lookers and lots of questions. Dubuque is a pretty, scenic town with lots of long hills to power up
rumble down. The cruise took us through town and along the Mighty Missip.
We need to make a FABO sticker for our cars or a iron-on transfer for our shirts so we can find each other. Mike

Last year the cruise started around 6pm at the McDonalds on the south side of town. The cruise is open to all Mopars wether you regester for the show or not. Check out the Chicagoland Mopar Connection website and click on the events section. Mike

Hope to see you there! I'll be the only one there that really needs a paint job!
Mike

Last year I was the only 66 Dart there. I hope it doesn't rain! Mike

Its pretty much straight west of Rockford Ill. on Hwy 20. Its in Iowa where
Iowa, Wisconsin, and Illinois meet on the Mississippi. toolmanmike

It was nice to meet you Mike haven't had time to get pics. out of the old camera my wife got sick with a infection she got from the hospital the best we can figure she on medicens now and doing better try to get pics posted........Rick

Great to meet you two at the show. Sorry to hear about your wife, I hope she gets feeling better soon! I took a few photos but don't have them out of the camera yet. I should have time this weekend. Great show! Over 125 cars this year I am told. Lots of A-bodies and over-all a nice blend of all Mopars. A great bunch of owners and spectators. Mike

I will try to reduce and download a few photos. Looks like down to 30/30
works good. The test photo is a nice 66 soft-top at the cruise but not at the show.

Here goes! Lots of A-Bodies!! Ive got a few more shots of older B Bodies
and E bodies. The last photo is my old rag!! Mike

-
Back