More 904 Q's

-

n8ling

Reaction score
Ok so my questions are... Running 904 behind fresh .60 over 360 and after a couple of weeks of sawing off a tire or two ,second gear started to fade away. This did not surprise me to much. Forgot to mention a new 2800 stall converter as well. The trans is dated 69 don't think it has been cracked into yet, have t-2 kit and am planning on parts from TCS products in Langley van. Yes the questions are coming.... Is it possible that my kick down linkage not properly install or adj could have caused this and if so how exactly does it work? Should I be ordering other parts with rebuild components? 4.2 kick down lever not sure what or how it changes performance, I will most likely be doing rebuild my self in the next month or so! I did shorten and grind down opening in throttle part of linkage to clear air cleaner, but have since noticed it was not enough, I will now have plenty of room with scoop install, is it worth changing to cable set up??

I would go cable.

Yep, I think so too.

It is possible that mis adjustment caused it, but we have no real way of knowing that.
The best the average Joe can do is to make sure that when the throttle is all the way open, that the TP lever is all the way back.
I can be backed off a little if the shifts are too firm or late.

See if you can adapt a junkyard dakota cable setup, way cheaper than lokar, and it's all mopar!

Been reading mopowers thread on "which shift kit" and sounds like what I will be doing , rear servo and accumulater etc . Still need to understand kick down lever and benefits to upgrade??? I am also assuming that 2nd fade out would just be clutch packs that will be replace anyways ? I have also read about leaving one of the five balls out for firmer 2nd shifts, is this redundant with shift kit install?? Sorry man ,first time tranny guy?

yes the throttle pressure linkage needs to be adjusted properly. If not, you get inadequate line pressure which leads to burned up friction materials...

-
Back