More Interest in /6 lately

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
With gas prices on a major rise to be at $5.00 a gallon by the end of the year. Seems to me that there is more people interested in /6 economy and performance. Which is great or am I the only one that is loopy from good pain killers?

Turbo,s in our daily drivers(V6,slant 6)seem to be the way of the futre.Me being a ford employee.We,ve been putting twin-turbo V6,s in 7 passanger vehicles with great fuel economy results.Ford is now putting these Eco-boost V6 twin-turbo engines in the F-150 with excellent towing results too.I know there not Mopar,but they,ll be following suit soon also as gas prices shoot through the roof.Take care and hope your on your feet again soon.

I noticed in my favorite playground turbo are getting hard to find. I sure can see one on my 65 Fish

I was contemplating a /6 build for next winter but found a really good 318 that I couldn't pass up.Cheaper to do (bone stock) and should be just as economical and yes I have also noticed a move to slants or anything to squeeze gas

I'm seriously consider building a mild turbo /6 to put in my duster... just want a little more oomph without destroying the fuel economy.

Start a Build thread when you do seems there is a lot that can be done, from fuel injection with turbo or supercharge.

I was contemplating a /6 build for next winter but found a really good 318 that I couldn't pass up.Cheaper to do (bone stock) and should be just as economical and yes I have also noticed a move to slants or anything to squeeze gas

Good luck with that teen they are excellent engines and you can go from mild to wild.

-
Back