Morell Hydraulic Roller Lifters

-
I have a 340 in the machine shop. They have a set of retro fit Morell hydraulic roller lifters that someone backed out on. They are fixing to return them.
My plan was to reuse a good hydraulic flat tappet cam and lifters from a different block. The machinist is a little skeptical on me re-using them. He said no way on a chebbie but maybe on the Mopar. I have a set of new Promaxx heads set up for... a flat tappet cam. I'm thinking I can get these roller lifters for 500 bucks. My question to the masses is this.
If I buy these lifters, can I run the springs on the Promaxx heads that I ordered for a flat tappet cam on a mild roller cam? I'm thinking 22O or so @ .050. Half inch lift.
Hydraulic Flat Tappet .575 max lift
Closed ………………….. 115 lbs. @ 1.800”
Open ……………………. 310 lbs. @ 1.225”
Your flat tappet cam and lifters, did you do something to store the lifters so they can go back on the lobe they were on previously. If so I would not worry about reusing the flat tappet cam provided it is in excellent shape. Just be sure to use an oil compatable with the cam and lifters.

Your flat tappet cam and lifters, did you do something to store the lifters so they can go back on the lobe they were on previously. If so I would not worry about reusing the flat tappet cam provided it is in excellent shape. Just be sure to use an oil compatable with the cam and lifters.
Post # 8 addressed this. Thanks

-
Back