Moroso 12k cable tach

-

75dartsport

Reaction score
I have a vintage 12k Moroso cable driven tach. I think they called them a Jones tach. It is a hood mount with an anodized mounting body. I also have a matching 440 distributor with a spacer to mount in a 383 or 400. It is an electronic distributor. I do not have the cable. My question is what are these worth, Im thinking about selling it. If its not worth much it will hang on the shop wall. I dont have any pictures on the computer but if you are interested send me your number and I'll text u one. Thanks Rick

If you are interested in getting a cable for the tach, go to your local speedometer shop or a place that sell hubometers for big trucks. They usually have the cable, casing, and correct ends to make one. Be sure to take the tach and the distributor with you, and err on the long side for the routing of the cable. Just a suggestion.

Bill S.

I had a Jones/ Motrola in my 70 RR. The "tick toc tach" never worked, and the original owner had stuck a Sun in the hole from the back. I ran a few different ignitions --the old CD "Tiger SST" and I forget the other one were popular back then, and I could NOT get a tach to work

I scored a dual point hemi tach drive dist (top ball bearing!!!) for 25.bucks!!! This was in San Diego, early 70's. Did a minor spruce--up of the dist, bought a new Jones, and mounted it back of the dash, up against the tack hole. FIT PERFECT. the original dash hole/ sleeve fit right up against the face of the tach, I made a bracket to hold it in. Ran that tach until I put the 340 in the car.

Do you have any ideas on what the dist tach combo is worth?

I paid about $100 for a SB tack drive dizzy that was a old MP unit with electronic ignition, another $45 for the Moroso tach. I would say your combo would be about the same, maybe a little more. I would sell them seperate, put them on eBay :glasses7:

-
Back