Moroso A body Oil Pan for SB?

-

frankwest

Reaction score
Will this fit in my 72 Scamp or is it the Milodon pan I need ? I want to avoid cutting any steel if possable. It's going on my 318 .

Thanks , Frank

I don't know why you'd think you would have to cut any steel to put that pan on. You aren't talking about the Super Stock pan that has the draglink going through it are you?

i had that Moroso pan but the 360 one, its cool but i banged it up too many times, so i put a stock pan on. If its a street car, id be careful. How much does a deep oil pan really help anyway? i have a windage tray, its good enough for me.

i have the milodon deep/wide pan and I didn't have to "cut" anything but for a little added clearance I did gring a 1/4 inch off the K-member lip

mini-pan2.JPG

I got a milodon 8qt. pan on my 340 and have no problems at all and i run both street/strip with the car.

bill

Thanks for the input.

These are the pan's I'm looking at Milodon part # 30935 and the Moroso part #20710 . The reason I ask about cutting the k member is the stock pan fits pretty close and I read in another post the some modding was needed to fit an aftermarket pan in .
Abodybill ,is one of the part #'s I have the pan you are using ? What headers are you running ?

ops i told you wrong after i got my book out on the swinger i got the moroso 10" baffel 8qt. pan and its the # you got in your post mor-20710 and like i said i had no problems fitting it in.

thats what happens when you get old thats why i carry a pad and pen in my pocket at all times :lol:

i got the super comp ceramic coated headers in the car i like them.

bill

I've heard the Milodon provides more clearance with the kicked-out sump, so if it's a street application, you probably want to look at that.

I run the 360 version of the Milodon (30940) and it fits well, but I did have to clearance the K-member to get enough space. I used an air die grinder to slice about 1/4" out with a cut-off wheel and then ground it smooth. It's about a 20 minute job, so it isn't that difficult.

panclearance.jpg

Tom

I had to notch the k-member also in my Dart Sport.
But be careful with which headers you have. Some Hedman headers, will not clear. I'm not sure which other brands and part # may cause a problem.

Milodon is a nice pan and offers a little bit more road clearance. The Moroso 360 pan has a drain plug on the bottom which has always bugged me. I may evntuallu go back to a Milodon now that I have TTI headers.

If you can figure out the location before installing the pan or engine with it, it would be better to clearance the k-member first. Dropping in the engine from the top with that pan will be a problem.

I have headman hedder too and the milodon pan and once they are in its fine but to put the pan on (in the car) you are going to have to loosen up the passenger side header -install the pan then tighten up the header again ALSO if you have a scattersheild with a block plate you are going to have to grind off about 3/16 of the rear pan rail.If no block plate then no problem

Ive heard that the mildons dont pose any problems, but when driving through new orleans, worst streets in the country, I shyed away from one.

-
Back