Motive gears?

-

Furyman1966

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Looking at a set of motive 3.73's to put in a 741 suregrip case. I seem to be reading mixed reviews on these gears as far as being hard to set up, noisy, etc.
The price is right, but I don't want to have a ton of installation problems or noise....
Thanks for any input!
-Paul

.......................Dont want problems,.......theres an easy fix.....dont cheap out.... ...u get what u pay 4..............kim..............

I have a set of 4:56 Motive gears in my 03 Dodge Ram and have put them through heck with 22" tires and wheels. No noise no problems. I have had a set of Richmond gears in a Charger before and they was noisy...... set up right but noisy. Now to be honest.... gears are only as good as the installer. If you go with Motive, Richmond, Yukon, etc.... you should be alright.

Yeah and you'll find out thru some research there ain't that many gear manufactures...

Lots of names.....on the same few peoples gears.... i forget whos who anymore... Your few are Dana, richmond, moser, and then lots of names get attached to there stuff....

set up is the issue.....

I've used Motive, Strange, Richmond, and factory Mopar. If you set them up right, and break them in properly, they are not noisey. Regardless of ratio.

For a 741 I think Motive is your only choice. I've got a set of 3:55's in mine. No complaints.

Yep, I run Motive 5.29's front and rear in my crawler and have just installed a set of 4:86's in my Duster, they were real easy to setup and I have no complaints.

-
Back