Motor install

-

MR4V

Reaction score
Alright I'm now ready to re install the stroker & 727 in the Duster, after all the problems when I removed it through the top I'm going to install the motor, box & K Frame all in one by lowering the car on the K Frame.

Is there any tricks to it?
How much suspension can I have on the K Frame?
Can I do this with the headers installed?

I do not have a hoist so this will be done by trolley jacks, engine hoist & some mates.

Any addvice, photos or links would be a great help.

Thanks

Alright I'm now ready to re install the stroker & 727 in the Duster, after all the problems when I removed it through the top I'm going to install the motor, box & K Frame all in one by lowering the car on the K Frame.

Is there any tricks to it?

Somewhere on here there was a thread where someone made alignment dowels to get it lined up as you lower the car on the k frame.

How much suspension can I have on the K Frame?

I believe all of it.

Can I do this with the headers installed?

I believe so I have seen others do it.

I do not have a hoist so this will be done by trolley jacks, engine hoist & some mates.

Any advice, photos or links would be a great help.

Thanks

Go to the search feature and search for removing engine out the bottom. You should find some good info there.

Quick reply. Thanks Bad Sport, l've seen these ones & it looks like there is many ways to do this.

As we all know there's not much room so I would like to bolt up as much as possible, like headers, starter motor, 727, steering box, lower control arms, spindles & center link. Any thing else I can add?

I'm also going to use a pallet jack & timber to get the engine height right.

-
Back