Motor mount brackets which side?

-

DART66GT

62 Lancer GT - B Body 8 3/4
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am putting a 75 318 in my 66 Dart. I found a pair of correct mount brackets. But I have never seen them installed. Can some one tell me how they should be mounted and which side is which? pic would be nice.........

post some pics along the way.I want to do this to a 64 Dart but after listening to people im a little apprehensive.

They mount to the rear or backside of the block ears. The mount on the passenger side has a larger base/bracket, the driverside is slimer/narrower. Yours may be different, my mounts are from Shumachers for a slant 6 to a 340 swap.

Here ya go. This is the original driver's side mount from my 66 Vart on a 78 360 motor.

360 Motor mounts.jpg

Thanks for the pic. I'm still not sure from the pic which bracket it is. It looks like the 2 bolts are in the front and the bracket is the squared off one not the one that is cut an angle? Also the spool mounts seemed to have a much heavier duty bolt and nut than the early ones does it matter which I use? Thanks..........

On the 66 K-member, you can't use the spool mounts, so you have to use your original 273 style mounts. As you can see from the pic, the block mounting ears are not as wide as the older engine mounts, so you need to use a spacer or washers to fill in the approximately 1/4" difference. On the 360 in the photo, I used washers for the past 16 years, but this time I'm going to weld a piece of metal to the engine bracket itself, then drill the bolt hole through. I'll have a look at my engine mounts tonight and see what the difference is between the two sides, since I can't remember right now. Old Timers Disease. :)

Hoping to get the motor in this week anyone know or have pics of which bracket goes on which side?

-
Back