Motor Mount Brackets

-

RichardJ916

Reaction score
I am installing a new 360 into my 1972 Duster this weekend , my question is do the bolts/nuts that mount to the 3 ears to the motor mater in the direction thet are installed. Meaning do the nuts go on the inside or the outside, I do know the the ears on the brackets go towards the inside but unsure of the direction of the bolts/Nuts....
Any pictures of mounts and rubber would be helpful as well thanks.

Also i am using the same rubber mounts that came off of the 273 motor that i am removing, i think all the mouts are the same, meaning the rubber part of the motor mount is the same no matter what motor i am installing, if this is correctly thinking.

The 360 motor can with a motor mount and bracket that fit into a B body, I removed the rubber part of the mount from the 273 and putting it on the 360 bracket... Does this sound correct.

Please let me know what if any trouble this will cause....

:burnout:

Wow i cant beleive that i olny got one person to respond to showing pictures of motor mounts question. And nobody answered the part about the nuts on the inside or the outside of the brackets....

THANKS GUYS

Funny, and his didnt even have all the bolts and nuts going the correct way.... from one side to the other....

Thanks again.

Take a pill brother,sometimes these things take time. :icon_smi:
This i how I ran mine,
Just looked at my factory service manual, and all the nuts/lock washers are on the outside of the brackets.
So to do it factory correct, flop the bolts oposite of how I have mine.
Have no idea of why I ran mine like this, but it works fine either way.

Attachments

• Picture 717.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 459
  • Picture 718.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 415
-
Back