Motor mount question for magnum engine swaps

-

gdonovan

Reaction score
This question is for those who have actually done a 5.2 magnum motor swap-

Is the drivers motor mount different?

I have a 95 5.2 in the garage and compared it to a 273 and where the mount mount attaches to the block they are the same.

There was an impression that the 5.2 and 5.9 shared the same block lugs but I'm not so sure based on what I have here.

Can anone else chime in? I'm planning on a weekend swap and want to have everything I need onhand when the deal goes down.

Vehicle the magum is going in is 1974 Duster with spool mounts.

Gary

On a 5.9 the block lugs are 1/2" narrower (closer together) than the 5.2 on the drivers side. Passenger side is the same for all la and magnum blocks.

On a 5.9 the block lugs are 1/2" narrower (closer together) than the 5.2 on the drivers side. Passenger side is the same for all la and magnum blocks.

So your saying Chrysler did not change the lugs when they cast the magnum blocks?

let me know how your engine swap goes i know nothing about putting a mag into an old a body excepte changing the oil pan and changin the timing cover, im puttina a 5.2 mag in my 1967 barracuda original 225 6 cyl car

103_0960.jpg

103_0958.jpg

103_0970.jpg

let me know how your engine swap goes i know nothing about putting a mag into an old a body excepte changing the oil pan and changin the timing cover, im puttina a 5.2 mag in my 1967 barracuda original 225 6 cyl car

I'll be install one very soon in my Duster, I'll post a guide with details.

You guys find that interesting. Here's one for you. I swapped in reman 98 block into a 79 LRE truck. Guess what, the mounting ears for the 5.9 was the same as E58 (EH1) that came in the truck. Also, the 98 oil pan did not have to be changed for the swap. This thing bolted in a 79 fairly easy.

-
Back