Motor mount questions

-

Daves67Cuda

Reaction score
Ok, I know its been posted before and different things about it. But I have the 340, ready to go pretty much, and then i have the 318 mounts. Can I use the 318 ones? We also have a 360 in the garage with mounts on it, they look differnt than the 318's, so can I use one of those or something? I think the driver side on the 360 is the differnent one. Thanks, Dave

You can use the drivers side mount from your 318 on the 360 by making a spacer that is about 1/2" thick to make up the difference in the spacing on the 360. The passenger side is the same between 318 & 340/360.

If the mounts on the 360 are orignal mounts they are likely spool mounts and won't work with the 67 K-member.

So your saying take the passenger one off the 360, and use that and the 318 passenger one for the 340? I'll see how it goes. thanks.

Dave, use both of your 318 motor mounts on your 340. That's assuming they are the sandwich type that were originally on your car. The right side will fit with no modifications. When the left side mount is installed, there will be a space of about 3/8" between the rear of the 318 mount and the 340 block mounting ears. Just slip a couple of washers in to fill this space, then run your mounting bolt through the motor mount, the washers, and the block mount. I had a picture of this in one of the threads here, but I'll be damned if I can find it now.

Ah ha, found it. This is my 360 with 273 mounts but it should be the same as your 340 with 318 mounts.

360 Motor mounts.jpg

I was looking at the motor and stuff, i saw where I would need to put the washers and stuff, BUT, on the 340, it doesnt have the bottom mount thing. like towards the front it has the 2 mount holes or whatever, and then towards the back only has the top part. its the same on both sides, but i switched the driver and passenger side mounts, and it looks like i can get them to match up. If anyones has anything else on this, it would help, and thanks for the picture OldVart. dave

Hey Dave -- if you want to run up to my house tomorrow afternoon, I can show you what the 340 looks like in my Demon...ahould be the same K as ur '67. The pass side mount is the same 273 - 360. The DS one is dif for the 340s. You can make the 318 mount work... I have a 318 mount on my 340 that has been cut and welded to close up the gap it creates if used on a 340. Give me a ring -- 623 - 640 - 2456...my cell.

-
Back