motor mounts questions

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
I have a 74 dart spool type k frame and 318 out of a parts car for my cuda build, and i may be going with a stroker 360, instead of building the teen up. Will the motor mounts currently on the 318 bolt directly to the 360 block in the same location and work. I found a bare mid 70s 360 block with main caps, for $100. I know i can use some things off the 318 on this engine, will the oil pan off the teen fit the 360, or do i need to get a 360 specific one as well.

Thanks
Matt

318 oil pan won't fit because the 360 has a smaller rear seal.

One side mount is different. Been so long since I compared them I forgot which one. I believe you can make it work by using washers/spacers. Hope someone with a clearer head this morning will chime in.

The driver's side motor mount is different from the 318 and 360, but the passenger side is the same. Look for a left motor mount for a 73-76 360 Dart/Duster.

The 360 has a different radius around the rear main bearing cap than the 273/318/340, so the pans are unique for 360's and not interchangeable with the other small blocks.

The 70 motor mounts are different from the 74. They changed in 73 to the newer "spool" style.

All the "parts stores" spool mount brackets show the same part no between 318 / 360. That doesn't mean they are correct, they just expect you to bend the mounting ear to fit. Amazingly, it does seem to work, LOL

All the "parts stores" spool mount brackets show the same part no between 318 / 360. That doesn't mean they are correct, they just expect you to bend the mounting ear to fit. Amazingly, it does seem to work, LOL

Hmm, ok. I am using a 74 spool mount K frame. A local mopar guy told me a set of 360 cordoba mounts are the same as a 360 ,A body, and easier to find.

Matt

If you can't find the mount, just add washers to make up the difference, been doing that since 74.

If you can't find the mount, just add washers to make up the difference, been doing that since 74.

Will the cordoba B body 360 mounts work? I have access in my local bone yard to a bunch of those year B bodies, im sure one of em has a 360. Or if i cant get one i can shim the mount. How thick does the washer stack need to be to space the mount?

I have no idea. Why would you not just buy A body mounts?

I have no idea. Why would you not just buy A body mounts?

I dont have any 360 V8 cars in my local boneyards, but theres many 75 thru 79 b bodies in my local boneyard, im sure at least one of these cars would be a 360 car. Another poster to this thread confirmed it the cordoba ones will work, i guess i got to go find a set.

-
Back