Motor mounts

-

6pkScamp

Reaction score
Any suggestions on motor mounts for the 340 factory block? BPE 4.250 crank, 442 ci. Dont want any troubles with factory mounting not being up for the task. Have Moroso solid mounts in there from the last motor.

Thanks for your input, Rob

Are you driving this on the street? if so the solids will vibrate your car to pieces over time. Year One, Mancini's and others offer a mount that replaces the factory biscuit mount with one that is locked together inside, but has a rubber cushion to take up the vibration. Basically the top bolt is attached to the bottom plate and the bottom bolt is attached to the top plate so there is some give, but the plates can't be pulled apart like a stock one can. I've used them in my 1970 340 dart for many years and could never destroy one.

You could run the Engine Travel Limiter from Jerry Bickel.

photobucket-14942-1373429087926_zps9b75fd68.jpg

http://www.jerrybickel.com/engine--...-shifters/engine-travel-limiter-jbrc1121.html

Are you driving this on the street? if so the solids will vibrate your car to pieces over time. Year One, Mancini's and others offer a mount that replaces the factory biscuit mount with one that is locked together inside, but has a rubber cushion to take up the vibration. Basically the top bolt is attached to the bottom plate and the bottom bolt is attached to the top plate so there is some give, but the plates can't be pulled apart like a stock one can. I've used them in my 1970 340 dart for many years and could never destroy one.

Yes I do drive it on the street. Ran the solid mounts and it did vibrate the car a bit. I've seen the mounts your referring to.

Or you can take regular biscuit mounts and drill them and install bolts through them locking the two plates together but still have the rubber cushion. Same idea as what was described above.

I think a torque strap would help eliminate any worries.

Poly Locks are the interlocking mounts but Schumaker seems to constantly have them on back order for the small block A body , they do however make a torque strap for half the price that looks similar to the "engine travel limiter" shown above but it also incorperates rubber isolators that keep it from shaking like a solid mount , I put one on my 410 and cancelled my back order for the poly locks .

Solid mount on drivers side and passenger side factory mount with a bolt through it is what my dad has been running on his 440 68 Charger for 20 years of hard driving with no problems and doesn't have the vibrations from having both solid mounts.

We recently took them out and drilled all the bolts for cotter pins for extra insurance after the drivers side solid mount lost a bolt the held the mount together

Any suggestions on motor mounts for the 340 factory block? BPE 4.250 crank, 442 ci. Dont want any troubles with factory mounting not being up for the task. Have Moroso solid mounts in there from the last motor.

Thanks for your input, Rob

By the way, I need a set of 340 brackets. I made the 318 brackets work but there not up to holding on to a bigger motor.

-
Back