motor mounts

-

75dartsport

Reaction score
I have a 75 dart sport with the spool type motor mounts, my question is does anyone make a solid type replacement mount for these.

havent seen any, but the energysuspension inserts are of solid polyuretan they are pretty stiff in my book, but
if you realy want them solid it wouldnt be hard to make some yourself by welding some thick steelplates and tubing to a stock mount

first off what are your intentions for use? big block, small block, resto?

Schumacker has the poly spool mount assemblies if you don't want to mess with removing the OEM rubber and installing the poly inserts. I have them in my car and just added a torque strap to the frame rail. I prefer them over any solid mounts.

Moroso has solid mounts p/n 62520 b,c,e body a,b,rb,eng
p/n 62540 a body a eng
Got mine from Mancini Racing.

I personally like the motor plate . You can scroll a beautiful design into them and make them a work of art. they also raise the engine in the chassis to any height you want. I use 1/4 thick industrial rubber and place it under the plate and then use 1/4 inch angle iron with the rubber,drill chassis for 5/8 bolt , 2 inch bolt sock it on, done. I then just run a rubber trans mount .I mill 1/4 inch off waterpump housing and use 2 wp gaskets ,1 on inner side of plate 1 on outer, by doing this all your factory belts will realign. Ive run 650 hp A bodies using this method on the street and not a rattle or bump of any sort, it actually rides better, feels more firm, and has less rattle than rubber mounts.

heh, I drill 9/16 holes thru the plate ream them a tad and use 9/16 fine thread with loc tite, washers, and locking nuts. my mistake lol

dont like the solid mounts as they made my engine sit very low in the chassis

-
Back