Motor Mounts

-

mey6t6

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get motor mounts THAT FIT for my 1966 Barracuda????? I'm in the middle of swapping my 273 v-8 for a 225 slant six and the motor mounts I bought from a guy who assured me they would work don't. I'm running out of time...

Have ya tried a phone call to the outfit I've never sen a complaint about, Schumacher Creative Services, also known as engine-swaps.com. I spoke with Dave, there at some length, and wasn't pressured to buy anything, just given factual information. Sometimes it's better to NOT buy the cheapest item you find based on "....bought from a guy who assured me they would work ...."
Oh, and for the record, I have no relation to the business I mentioned, just a good feeling about them, a good experience with a small purchase, and the idea that I will deal with them in the future. They're not the cheapest source out there, though....

I have a set! They are from a 1966 Valiant with 50,000 original miles. They are in good shape, just need some cleaning and paint. Took them out so I could drop in a 340. PM me if interested, Keith.

DSC03333.jpg

Hmmm, they look like the ones I have...what are the dimensions? do you have a picture of the brackets too? For some reason, my oil pan bottoms out on the k member and steering bar before the motor mounts sit on the frame. Either my metal brackets are wrong and I have a set of metal brackets that came out of a '62 stationwagon and I have a second set that came out of a '63 pick-up; both are identical.

Have ya tried a phone call to the outfit I've never sen a complaint about, Schumacher Creative Services, also known as engine-swaps.com. I spoke with Dave, there at some length, and wasn't pressured to buy anything, just given factual information. Sometimes it's better to NOT buy the cheapest item you find based on "....bought from a guy who assured me they would work ...."
Oh, and for the record, I have no relation to the business I mentioned, just a good feeling about them, a good experience with a small purchase, and the idea that I will deal with them in the future. They're not the cheapest source out there, though....
I'm not worried about price...just time! Thanks for the info, I'll have to check them out

Did the 225 come from the pickup?? I wonder if the oil pan is different. Might check with the folks on slantsix.org. Just a thought - or maybe a brainfart...
Good luck.

Yup The oil pan and pickup is different. I have an extra oil pan in a 66 cuda. But im not sure how long it will be before it gets pulled. When ever Memike gets down here to help I guess???
BTW those pictures are the right mounts for a 66. You can get BRAD NEW ones for about $20 (w/ trans mount) from motormountz.com
Frank
PS PM me if you need the pan.

I got an oil pan from Freeman's Auto, and found some new motor mounts at Paddock and overnight shipping. Now I got to find the right brackets. I had bought 2 /6's when I started this and one of them was suppose to be out of a dart (and running). When it got here, it was useless but I figured I could at least use some of the peices, like motor mounts. They turned out to be out of a b body.

-
Back