Motor Mounts

-

treetrimmer12

Reaction score
Finished with pass side motor mount and fuel pump installation then went to drivers side. Motor mount rubber separated but bracket appears to be bent and not settled nowhere near where it should be. Unable to locate a pic of what the bracket should look like, attached is my drivers side motor mount. Never get a socket onto nut mounting top of motor mount.Does this look ok to you?
Do you have to remove the bracket and motor mount, install new motor mount onto bracket then bolt back onto the motor then lower the motor with the bracket onto frame?

View attachment 1715290209

motor mount drivers-side.jpg

Assuming this is a 67-72 A body slant 6 this looks correct. Since the bolts that hold the mount to the block are so easy to get to, I usually remove the lower mount bolts under the K frame ear, then jack up the motor, remove the mount bracket from the block and change the rubber mount on the bench. If you leave the two mount bracket to block bolts loose on reinstallation and loosen the passenger side lower mount bolts (under the k frame ear) you will have some "wiggle room" to align it a bit.

Assuming this is a 67-72 A body slant 6 this looks correct. Since the bolts that hold the mount to the block are so easy to get to, I usually remove the lower mount bolts under the K frame ear, then jack up the motor, remove the mount bracket from the block and change the rubber mount on the bench. If you leave the two mount bracket to block bolts loose on reinstallation and loosen the passenger side lower mount bolts (under the k frame ear) you will have some "wiggle room" to align it a bit.
I was concerned about the offset of the bracket. I will follow your advise, Thanks

-
Back