Motor mounts

-

roberth101

Reaction score
I am in the process of buying a 1965 barracuda, I will be installing the QA1 tubular k-member and coil over conversion with rack and pinion. My question is on a 67 a body what is the distance from motor mount to motor mount? The reason I ask is I have a 392 with 6 speed I want to install but QA1 only sells gem3 mounts for the 67 up k- member kit. If the mount distance is the same there is no reason the mounts will not work in the older k-member. I understand modifications will need to be made to inner fenders for fitment of the heads.

IMG_1656.jpeg

IMG_1655.jpeg

IMG_1654.jpeg

Check out the thread in the link below. @V8-valiant is doing a Gen 3 swap in a Valiant, which would be the same as your Barracuda. Maybe he can offer some advice since he has the mounting already figured out. Welcome to FABO!

Check out the thread in the link below. @V8-valiant is doing a Gen 3 swap in a Valiant, which would be the same as your Barracuda. Maybe he can offer some advice since he has the mounting already figured out. Welcome to FABO!
[/URL]

Thanks JDMopar I’m far from having it figured out, but I have a plan in mind that “should” work. I currently have one of the last Gerst suspension setups. I planned on cutting off the k frame mounts on it to be able to have approximately 9” to place the new mounts wherever they seem to work best. My plan is to get some 67 and up tti swap headers for a rack and pinion setup, get them on and place the engine in the engine compartment where everything is kosher and then build mount from the k frame to the engine mounts. Sounds simple in my head but not quite there yet. There’s also some data on engine placement on tti’s website that might help you.

IMG_2903.jpeg

That sounds like a solid plan to me. It might be a good idea to bolt your bellhousing and trans on, so you can get your driveshaft angle right at the same time. Keep up the good work!

:thumbsup:

That sounds like a solid plan to me. It might be a good idea to bolt your bellhousing and trans on, so you can get your driveshaft angle right at the same time. Keep up the good work!

:thumbsup:
Once again, Drive shaft angle has nothing to do with getting the trans and pinion angle correct. Kim

Check out "Will Irby's 1965 Redtail Barracuda Sema" on a web general search. It is a gen 3 Hemi build. Some of the pictures posted on the internet show the car completely tore down and the build process. It would make a nice model for anyone doing a 1965 Barracuda. I bought some of the parts off the original car and was allowed to go in the shop where it was being built. It's all about quality and excellent craftsmanship. Good Luck with your build.

I looked at that awhile ago and it is a gorgeous barracuda but with it being a tube chassis car it really didn’t help me much as I’m using factory subframes with modifications

I looked at that awhile ago and it is a gorgeous barracuda but with it being a tube chassis car it really didn’t help me much as I’m using factory subframes with modifications
Copy that...I have one that looks exactly like the one you have pictures posted of. Same color, patina they could be twins. Congrats you will really have something when you're done. Happy Holidays

-
Back