motors done

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
I just finished the motor, it was almost a Year ling build. Going to drop it in pretty soon, just wondering if you guys can give me a checklist or if you can think of anyhting I might have missed? I primed it already and it was around 60-65 psi.

here they are

photo(3).jpg

photo.jpg

photo(2).jpg

gry rid of the undersize crank pulley - looks nice but will not turn the water pump fast enough for street driving.
I went back to reguale size and my overheating problem disappeared.

I cant find a regular sized one....its a high flow water pump..and I needed one ASAP until i can find a single groove

The motor is now in, but I need to install the starter, trans lines, alt and shifter linkage

Prime it right before start up. all that oil is at the bottom of the pan all ready.

pull the #1 plug, hold your thumb over the hole while a friend taps the key.

:blob:I hope all is well and she fired up last night :clock:

o Im not done adding stuff on. Still need to put the exhaust on, prime it again, ughh tighten a couple of things, bleed the brakes, make sure its at TDC, tighten spark plugs ughh o ya, Add 91 octane gas

tall spacer because why not? ITs a HVH they go for about 100-150 and I got it for 80

hey what i do is put it at tdc after the closing of the intake rocker. (i was scared to put my thumb over the hole). another thing would be to mark the dip stick with the amount of oil you put in her or him.

good luck to you and it.

-
Back