Motors In !!!!! Pics

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Finally got the motor in my 70 Dart. Dave from the site came over today to help me with the install. Everything went as smooth as you could ask. Dave talked me into taking the K-frame out, and putting the motor in from underneth.Turned out bitchen. Definately the way I will do it here on out. Enjoy the pics !!!!!!

faucet pics 567.jpg

faucet pics 569.jpg

faucet pics 570.jpg

faucet pics 572.jpg

faucet pics 577.jpg

Did you install the strud rod bushing washers backwards? Shouldn't they curve towards the rubber bushing? (see 2nd pic)

Did you install the strud rod bushing washers backwards? Shouldn't they curve towards the rubber bushing? (see 2nd pic)

Some where along the line Chrysler flip them back the other way (opposite of how I have mine).On these washers it is imprinted on them "This side to rubber".

well thankz alot ill be by in a bit to pick it up yea right ,that looks very sweet my bushings where that way also nice jobbbb.. :happy10:

Looking good! Man that is the way to do it. Looks like it is a lot easier that way than from the top. Nice job.

Definitely was fun and the only way to go IMO. Very nice little trick to make the K-frame line up perfect. I see a well written how-to in the future.

Congrad's to you and Dave, I have never did one like that but I can see it is the way to go, A wright up would be very cool to refer to.
Hey Johnny that is a beauty

I saw that technique used in one of the MoPar mags a few years ago. It seemed logical, since the factory did it that way. I agree, a detailed "Howto" write-up would be great in the tech section. Congrats.

Your car looks real nice, by the way. Good job!

Johnny, Looks great!!! Congrats on the install, never did one that way but would be interested in hearing the details when you get a chance. That is one awesome looking sleeper.

-
Back