Move Halloween?

Move Halloween?

• 1. Yes

• 2. No

• 3. Over my dead body.

• 4. I don't care as long as I don't get that nasty candy corn.

Results are only viewable after voting.
-
It is not about anything anymore but candy for kids, orgies for adults and big money for companies. It may have had other meanings thousands of years ago but times have changed. Trick or treating was started because Irish immigrant children would make pranks on their neighborhoods so people started offering treats to them. Look it up. It’s a melting pot of of traditions bundled up.

Whatever you say sir. Whose to say that something founded in paganism cannot be turned into something good? The blood of Jesus Christ washes away all sin, or have you forgotten that, too? I don't have to show you jack. I just proved it.

can something found in paganism be redeemed?
maybe, but what does the Bible say?
what was the sin of Achan?
what was the sin of Saul?

they both took things that were utterly pagan, which looked redeemable to them, but God had commanded them to destroy

how often is Jesus recorded to say "go and sin no more"

how often is the Christian told to "come out of them" and be separate?

and if all that doesn't convince you, see how you can fit celebrating Halloween with 1st Thessalonians 1:22

they both took things that were utterly pagan, which looked redeemable to them, but God had commanded them to destroy

and if all that doesn't convince you, see how you can fit celebrating Halloween with 1st Thessalonians 1:22
But it is only once a year.

My only problem with this poll is that you said candy corn is nasty! I love candy corn its my favorite part of fall! Our local walmart has it already I'm about 3 bags in!!

Next month should be about time to discuss moving Christmas to Friday’s because most people only get that day off from work. It sucks having a day off in the middle of the week and having to go back on Thursday. We can bring up all that is wrong with that holiday and how it has reverted back to pagan roots. (Which it has). Then Easter. Religious people seem to always twist something meant for evil to be good to justify them wanting to be part of it. I am a Christian not religious and have been guilty of this. I say move it to Saturday I like to have a few beers when I pass out candy.

Last edited:
Religious people seem to always twist something meant for evil to be good to justify them wanting to be part of it. I am a Christian not religious and have been guilty of this.

it always reminds me of the story of the rich guy who was interviewing drivers
he took three of em up to a mountain, when the road curved next to a cliff and asked them, how close do you think we can get to this cliff?

the first guy looks at the car, then walks over to the cliff, looks up and down the road and says, I bet I can drive within a foot of this cliff

the second guy looks it over and say, I bet I can come within 8 inches of this cliff

finally the third guy walks over to the cliff, looks down the edge and says "if we go over this edge we're dead, why would I want to come close to this? im gonna drive as far away from it as I can"

and yet, as Christians, we are always looking to see how close we can come to the world without going over the edge

No there's no maybe if something is done in the name of Christ, period. You believe your way and I'll believe mine. See you in hell.

No there's no maybe if something is done in the name of Christ, period. You believe your way and I'll believe mine. See you in hell.
I can honestly tell you I would be heartbroken if either one of us ended up in hell

I think it depends on how you celebrate any holiday and what's in your heart. If you are setting up a ouija board and candles and summoning demons and practicing witchcraft then yes that is a problem and probably a sin. If you use Halloween to dress the kids up like princesses and spongebob and visit family and friends to collect candy I don't see a problem with that despite what the supposed orginal holiday was for. It's just like any other holiday if you think about it. As Americans we use every single holiday on the calendar to be glutenous. Weither it be Thanksgiving, memorial day, labor day, Christmas etc we fire up the grill pop open a cold one and eat and drink way to much. The bible speaks specifically about gluten but we do it all year around.

Funny you should mention that @dartfreak75
In all my years at Church, I have heard exactly one sermon on gluttony
When I asked the preacher why he doesn't preach on gluttony more often, he said those people have enough on thier plates allready

:poke:

Funny you should mention that @dartfreak75
In all my years at Church, I have heard exactly one sermon on gluttony
When I asked the preacher why he doesn't preach on gluttony more often, he said those people have enough on thier plates allready

:poke:
Lol I agree with that.

It is not about anything anymore but candy for kids, orgies for adults and big money for companies. It may have had other meanings thousands of years ago but times have changed. Trick or treating was started because Irish immigrant children would make pranks on their neighborhoods so people started offering treats to them. Look it up. It’s a melting pot of of traditions bundled up.

Wait!
There are orgies?
Why didn't anyone tell me?
Or did you mean ogres?

Last edited:
  • Well, that's THEIR poll.
  • WE got ours.
613735_1.jpg

• 7:30 AM
This is America’s most popular Halloween candy—and, no, it’s not candy corn

Other poll highlights include:

• 58% say face-darkening makeup as part of a costume is wrong, compared to 31% who find it acceptable. That switches to 52% and 38%, respectively, if the individual is dressing up as a specific famous person.
  • 95% of parents will make sure their young children have an adult chaperone while trick-or-treating. It drops to 76% when the respondents are parents of teenagers.
  • 8% of Americans consider Halloween their favorite holiday, while 37% call it one of their favorites.

Take 20 and listen to a good campfire story.
(No spoilers now if you know how it ends.)
Or save it for Halloween if you prefer.

As a kid, I looked forward to it.
Devil's Night and Halloween.
Back to back.
Adults gotta ruin everything for kids

Evil is only where you allow it to be...and Halloween ain’t it.

Impose false judgement and anything fun can be called evil...and vice-versa.

Let the kids and adults have their fun and some folks need to stop trying to be the self-proclaimed savior of their immortal souls...and judge of their actions.

Wife and I got married under a full moon in a hand binding ceremony complete with a obligatory broom jump. Just about 9 grandchildren ago. Family is very Scottish complete with land holdings in Scotland. Never at any point have we celebrated anything remotely demonic and yet this is a sacred holiday to our family.
Just sayin..,.

Wife and I got married under a full moon in a hand binding ceremony complete with a obligatory broom jump. Just about 9 grandchildren ago. Family is very Scottish complete with land holdings in Scotland. Never at any point have we celebrated anything remotely demonic and yet this is a sacred holiday to our family.
Just sayin..,.
Cheers!

giphy2.gif

I re arranged my work schedule so I could be home to give out treats.
I buy the giant candybars !
Drives me crazy the number of curmudgeons in my neighborhood that turn there lights out and lock the doors !

Its all about kids having fun ! I don’t think evil crosses their mind. Just candy and being able to run around with their friend after dark.

-
Back