Move seats back?

-

67DARTGTCONV

Reaction score
I am a tall guy, I am wondering if any member here has removed tthe front bucket seats and relocated them backwards about 2-3 inches? Is redrilling the seat tracks all I need to do?
Back seat is hardly ever used.
Thanks!

I'm over 6' tall and I think I'm going to do the same, I feel way to close.

My friend who had my Dart before me was 6'9. He put some blocks under the front seat mounts to tilt the seat back for head room. It was a bench seat though. I had to take the blocks out when I got the car as I am only 5'5 and had a hard time reaching the peddles. LOL

I am a tall guy, I am wondering if any member here has removed tthe front bucket seats and relocated them backwards about 2-3 inches? Is redrilling the seat tracks all I need to do?
Back seat is hardly ever used.
Thanks!
I did this on a 65 Barracuda. You'll have to use some sort of spacer (washers?) to keep the seats level...they tend to tilt left or right if you just drill new holes and move them. DC

You will need to weld supports where you are going to drill the new holes
if you drill outside the orig. supports. Large round or square stock should
do the trick. 1/8" thick should do it.

THanks, I have to something, feels like I have the seat all the way forward on
newer vehicle.

So I messed with my seats on my duster over the weekend and as I was just getting ready to drill new holes on my floor pan when I noticed that my seat brackets have have different sets of holes where the studs can be put in. I moved my studs to the holes up front and it made a huge difference and it feels like I have tons more leg room.

Yup, the studs are swedged into the tracks for ease in assemebly but they can be altered in approx 1 inch increments

-
Back