moving battery from the trunk back to the engine bay.

-

skep419

5.9 Magnum 4 speed afficionado
Reaction score
One thing came with it that wasn't visible before hahahaha

SU1HMDA3MzMtMjAxMzExMDUtMDcyNC5qcGc_zps3a4a223c.jpg

Yeah, Why move it forward? Going back to stock? One of the first things I did. Was to
put the battery in the back. Mainly for when I go racin'.
And why the ford relay?

Went from having no kids to having two kids. I had taken the heater out many years ago to hide all the electronics where the heater was. putting a heater back in and since i had to rewire everything figured mine as well have more trunk space for strollers, pack n plays, etc. The ford solenoid was used for the battery in the trunk so the power wire traveling through the car was only hot during start up. Same thing applies in the engine bay. Why have a hot wire all the way to the starter.

. Why have a hot wire all the way to the starter.

I think this is something that is "overthunk." Every car on the road except "traditional Fords" has a hot wire to the starter.

I think this is something that is "overthunk." Every car on the road except "traditional Fords" has a hot wire to the starter.

Both work I just think the ford unit makes more sense. Its just one of those things that stirs the pot hahaha.

Ford taurus electric fan = :D

Ford solenoid = :angry7:

Well I think you should ask yourself some questions..........

How many GM/ Mopars/ other have you seen burning on the side of the road because the starter cable shorted?

Second, what you have now (on a Mopar) is TWO contactors in series with your starter, that is, you have

the original Mopar solenoid contacts

you have the Ford solenoid contacts

and of course your "properly" done NHRA approved rear battery has a disconnect which makes THREE sets of contacts........all in series

Now EACH of these has an amount of resistance. This "might not matter" most of the time, but on that ONE day, when you stall it in traffic on the hottest day of the year, when it's flooded, hot, hard to crank, all those resistances might just be "that thing" that makes the difference.

Further many of you guys running Ferd solenoids seem to like to run a separate charging line to the battery, so this means that even if the disconnect is pulled, there' s still a big hot wire all the way to the battery.

Now I'm not trynna stir you up, but the question is, IS this really a good, necessary, desirable idea? It is a question.

Well I think you should ask yourself some questions..........

How many GM/ Mopars/ other have you seen burning on the side of the road because the starter cable shorted?

Second, what you have now (on a Mopar) is TWO contactors in series with your starter, that is, you have

the original Mopar solenoid contacts

you have the Ford solenoid contacts

and of course your "properly" done NHRA approved rear battery has a disconnect which makes THREE sets of contacts........all in series

Now EACH of these has an amount of resistance. This "might not matter" most of the time, but on that ONE day, when you stall it in traffic on the hottest day of the year, when it's flooded, hot, hard to crank, all those resistances might just be "that thing" that makes the difference.

Further many of you guys running Ferd solenoids seem to like to run a separate charging line to the battery, so this means that even if the disconnect is pulled, there' s still a big hot wire all the way to the battery.

Now I'm not trynna stir you up, but the question is, IS this really a good, necessary, desirable idea? It is a question.

All the wiring that went to the trunk has been removed. Now I'm down to 2 contacts instead of 3 (the original Mopar solenoid contacts and the Ford solenoid contacts) when the battery was in the trunk.

-
Back