Moving companies

-

tomt966

Reaction score
I'm moving from Md to Fl in June. Looking for a mover and getting quotes is a chore. Question - how important would it be to you that the mover be a member of the Better Business Bureau? For example, the Bekins agent I'm awaiting an estimate from is not a member of the BBB. Should that matter?

BTW - getting the Dart shipped the end of Apr for $650 with delivery to my brother in law's May 3rd. Can't afford to drive it with premium gas and 8mpg!!

Do you own a truck? If so why not rent a trailer and tow the Dart?

I've used Bekins and they did allright. Ask them for references!!!!

I was a cross country mover for 21 years pack everything your self and get a binding estimate. Only thing you pack it you are responsible or go that new thing pods where they drop large containers at your home and you load container.Good luck Kevin.

What ever you decide to do, don't use Budget movers! Completely undependable in my book. Long story, short, suffice to say that they failed to show on the day of the move after taking a $1200 deposit, and nearly 5 weeks advance notice. Even though I confirmed the move three times within the last two weeks. On the day of a move from Jax, Florida to New Mexico, they never showed. I had to make last minute preps to meet deadlines, that cost me an additional $5000.00. Absolutely horrible service.

-
Back