Moving leaf springs INSIDE framerails

-

Mopar-Man

Big Block Better Burnout
Reaction score
I have only seen one car done this way and it sat nice and low. Have any of you done this and can you post pictures? My buddy wants to replace my rear rails and floor and tubs(stock) to fit a big tire under the car but I think there is an easier way. What did you do to strengthen the rails as they are very thin.

why go that far? just put the leafs on the rails... the tire can't go any farther than the rails anyways??

In Mopar terms,it,s called a minitub,3 inch spring relocation.You can do it yourself or with a friend.A welder and some metal experience is all it takes.Good luck.

I was always a fan of sectioning the wheelwell forward and adding a piece in the middle, in conjunction with the minitub/spring relocation modification,
that way,
as a guy goes UP in tire "Width", Tire DIAMETER can grow also ?

He wanted pics of the springs on the inside of the frame. Thats shows how to do the 3" spring relocation kit..

Same thing. All he has to to is reinforce the rear frame rail and eliminate the rear spring hanger.

What's the benefit of moving the springs to the inside of the frame rails?

You won't get any added tire clearance, frame rail in the way...
It makes the car less stable because the springs are closer together.

Just something to think about.

What's the benefit of moving the springs to the inside of the frame rails?

You won't get any added tire clearance, frame rail in the way...
It makes the car less stable because the springs are closer together.

Just something to think about.

Exactly what I was thinking. Waste of time IMO.

He wanted pics of the springs on the inside of the frame. Thats shows how to do the 3" spring relocation kit..
That would be a 6 inch relocation,well close anyway.It kinda looks to be abit of a hack job.JMO,if your happy with the way it is,so be it.

the way im thinking that you are talking about is how the comp. abc use to do it when they where in business.. i had that kit on my car was ok but i just didnt need all that tire ..i had 29/10.5w on 10" rims back then but took everything back out and put it stock with the mini tub and now i have 28/10.5 slicks on 8" rim with i think 4" backspace not a problem..ill see if i can post a pic of my mini tub today cause mines a little diff. from just cutting open the factory tub..i cut it open add some metal then cut the outside edge off and add some more to the qt and have plenty of romm for tall tires if needed..mike

I took the post as it READS. It reads "INSIDE the frame rails". Not inside OF the frame rails. In the end, I really don't give a damn cause it ain't my car anyway. If people don't want to be clear when they ask for advice then they shouldn't expect any correct answers.

wow stroker scamp clam down buddy the op doesnt make it clear but i just thought i wpould add what i thought and will post pic latermiike

this is how i did my mini tub in my 70 duster:thumleft:

Attachments

• HPIM0613.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 662
  • HPIM0614.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 653
Soooo,has anyone in Fla done the spring relocation kit ?? I have one,I want to have it done,but I don't have the skill or the right tools !!!

-
Back