Moving on

-

zigs

Reaction score
Finally sold my Hemi. went to a young man in Colorado. I pulled it today , mixed emotions.
it wasn't working for me but really a neat engine. I know He'll take care of it we've had a couple good conversations on his plans . Still feel like I'm getting rid of one of the kids if you know what I mean. Replacing it will be a 470 I think unless I change my mind again.
So heres good by 354 Hemi.

Attachments

• 001 (640x480).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 558
  • 002 (640x480).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 554
  • 003 (640x480).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 555
  • 004 (640x480).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 553
  • 006 (640x480).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 559
  • 008 (640x480).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 561
  • 009 (640x480).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 555
I've held on to my rebuilt 392 for at least 20 years; maybe longer it's been so long. Don't think I could see it go!

Curious why it wasn't working for you? Are you going to a SB Stroker?

Had steering problems . couldn't get them ironed out. Would have had to spend a lot of money I didn't have to correct. had a couple miss haps , second one damaged the dart front passenger side. I figured it was time to sell before I hurt myself or someone else.
yes it is tuff to let go but some times you have to be reasonable and safe.
I'm in line for a 451/470 stroker.

Had steering problems . couldn't get them ironed out. Would have had to spend a lot of money I didn't have to correct. had a couple miss haps , second one damaged the dart front passenger side. I figured it was time to sell before I hurt myself or someone else.
yes it is tuff to let go but some times you have to be reasonable and safe.
I'm in line for a 451/470 stroker.

Ah that makes sense. Good looking motor and car.

Sorry to see your HEMI go too. Ive always thought of your DART as a sister car to mine. For the sake of staying safe Im glad you found a good home for the 354. Looking forward to following your next build.

Never liked the early Hemi in a muscle car era car. Think you'll be better off with the big block.

Sorry to see your HEMI go too. Ive always thought of your DART as a sister car to mine. For the sake of staying safe Im glad you found a good home for the 354. Looking forward to following your next build.

Thanks Kelso , haven't heard from you in a while. ya it was a tuff choice right down to the end.

Never liked the early Hemi in a muscle car era car. Think you'll be better off with the big block.

Looking forward to the 470 but I got to admit the wow factor of the Hemi in that Dart was a head turner . There was several things I could have done to make it work but all spendy.

You did the right thing. If you would have pulled the motor and shoved it in a corner for decades I would have some choice words for you. Parts hoarders could be the death of this hobby. Too many guys don't sell.

I'm sure it's tough seeing it go but the guy from Colorado will continue to enjoy it!

What kinda power did the old Hemi make? Good bottom end torque?

in 1968 my dad and i put chrysler 392 hemi in a 59 ply wagon. was NOT easy. but tons of fun. long gone how.

Looking forward to the 470 but I got to admit the wow factor of the Hemi in that Dart was a head turner . There was several things I could have done to make it work but all spendy.

Yup, I don't race anymore, mostly do cruise shows now and the lil Hemi never fails to be an eye catcher and the point of plenty of conversation. Plus it makes more then enough power for street use.

Didn't have a dino in town but we figured by the formula around 400/450 HP and over 500 LB of torque

Crap the formula down the toilet a minute. How did it feel to you? Was it really snappy? Did you like it? Can you elaborate on the build for me a little? Cam, compression and all? I am curious about the little 331 I have. Thanks.

-
Back