Moving to Texas, need your opinion please!

-

SuperStock

Reaction score
I live in Fort Worth and its a buyers market here as well as anywhere else and deals can be found but you wont find one like you posted or else I would be buying 3 of em. The only thing close the that price range here is gonna be in a neighborhood that I wont be going into much less in broad daylight with the windows rolled up and the doors locked AND fully armed to the teeth.

The only thing close the that price range here is gonna be in a neighborhood that I wont be going into much less in broad daylight with the windows rolled up and the doors locked AND fully armed to the teeth.
same here in San Antonio...

Bought my Cuda near Austin (Cedar Creek) and I was amazed with the area. Really liked it. Noticed the foreclosures were going really cheap. Seriously considering doing the snowbird thing when I retire in a few years.

The only thing close the that price range here is gonna be in a neighborhood that I wont be going into much less in broad daylight with the windows rolled up and the doors locked AND fully armed to the teeth.
Lol, are you serious?? Scare **** out of me man!

Are those below house in bad neighborhood too?

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/517-Piedmont-Ave-San-Antonio-TX-78203/26114806_zpid/
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/418-Spruce-St-San-Antonio-TX-78203/26111166_zpid/

whoo wee! Dude, those houses are in Denver Heights subdivision(!) May I suggest to you to pick another neighborhood because that's the 'hood for real! You got it all over there, cops, robbers, dopers, dealers, pan handlers, prostitutes, you name it it's over in that neighborhood. Plus you might not fit in with a Mopar, that's Chebby (Chevelay) territory, funky paint with hydraulics and all!

I have a buddy here in Houston that picked up a foreclosure for 80K, it was defiantly a fixer upper. With the work he put into it, it's probably worth around 130 now, but for 30 to 50k you are probably looking at a premanufactured home/trailer

I am here in San Antonio and love it.
Have you thought about renting for 6 months or so while you take a good look around? There are certain parts of town you probably don't want to live in just like anywhere else. But if you rent for 6 months or a year and check out the city, you will end up getting more house for less, in a better location...8)

Cost of living is about the same as everywhere else - no matter what anybody tells you. I've lived here for about 4-1/2 years. We moved here based on some promises from my former employer and his comments about the lower cost of living - it was B.S. Food costs the same, gas costs the same, car insurance may be a little cheaper, but property taxes are very high up in the Ft. Worth area. If you don't have family in the area, it kind of sucks but i guess you could say that about anywhere as well.

The best part about the area is there are a LOT of Car Guys (and Gals) around. The Cowtown Mopar Club is a great group of people and about the only thing I will miss when I head back to Florida in a couple of weeks...

I am here in San Antonio and love it.
Have you thought about renting for 6 months or so while you take a good look around? There are certain parts of town you probably don't want to live in just like anywhere else. But if you rent for 6 months or a year and check out the city, you will end up getting more house for less, in a better location...8)
was thinking the same thing. I don't know what part of the "Flat Biscuit" 340Dart lives in but I'm far East side near China Grove and I like it out here. What do you do? Do you have a job already lined up? Where is it?

Dude I have a double wide trailor house for sale that will have to be moved but that should not be a problem. The house is very nice and clean. It has two big porches that go with it with the back one covered. Im not sure if the movers could move that one without tearing the roof up but it would be worth a shot or could even be re-installed after moving. It is located in a small town in east texas. Elkhart Texas. You could probably look at upscale trailor parks to move it into or buy a lot on a small lake for cheap with private entry etc and come out way better than living in the hood. If you think you might be interested in this house feel free to PM me and I will tell you some more info.

Chuckwagon

No state income tax in Texas.

The major factor regarding real estate prices is the same as everywhere else...location, location, location. The more desirable areas have more people chasing them with money, which drives the cost up. There are many small communities outside the major cities, and they have city water and sewer, if you don't mind a little commuting time to work.

-
Back