MP distibutor

-

rm69dart

Reaction score
just got a MP distributor new. i have the motor on top dead center and the oil pin gear distributor slot pointing to the front of motor. ok the old distributor was ok but i decided to buy a MP DIST. The car ran OK pulled the old out and the new MP rotor will not line up with the number 1 piston when installed. whats up with this am i doing something, help.or should i start my number 1 wire rotation were the rotor is pointing?

Many aftermarket distributors are 90 degrees off from OEM. It is easy to use a large screwdriver and walk the distributor gear as necessary to keep the rotor position correct. Some just move the plug wires on terminals, but it messes with wire routing, some plug wires end up short, others too long

if you do the later choice it will work fine. I would have marked where the old rotor was pointing and install the new to match. I am guessing what motor you have but if small block it can only be on or 180 out, if it spits n farts out the carb flip it 180 and it should run. I am in long beach, if you get stuck later i can come out and give a hand later today or tomorow.

Hey thanks guys what a difference with this MP distributor runs great never go cheapo on your distributor. oh and this was on a 340 thanks again.

-
Back