MP X-ram for Hemi, whats the deal?

-

mopartim

Reaction score
I put a 3 piece MP crossram on my hemi and now engine surges at idle. So I put a thicker gasket on it(.090) and it still does it. Anybody had the same problem? How did you fix it? Does the X-ram just need a higher idle? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

had to do alot of carb tweeking and distributer work to get it out of mine. it'll still does it slightly with the automatic when its uncorked " seems to be somewhat lean right at idle". it was real bad with a tight converter. turning up the idle will help it. with a clutch it doensn't do it.

you can pick it up a little in this video
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESkbEjIT_7o"]YouTube - 10.48 @ 128.89[/ame]

O.K. Thanks alot for getting back with me, I'm getting tired of pulling that intake off. I'll try and richen my low end/idle and see if that helps. I checked out your you tube exploits....very cool. What are you shifting that thing at, 7000?

Wow that thing sounds good 68 hope mine sounds half as nice. I decided to go with the inline setup just for those reasons trying to tune x ram for the street is tough. But for pure coolness might be worth it.

Hey 68 HEMI GTS, are you running those holley cross ram carbs the 4160/4235 and 4236's. Did you have to drill the idle feed restrictions bigger?

Hey, I think I fixed it! Took it out last night to a biker bar with about 50 harleys sitting around and all the riders on the deck bullshiting when I pulled in. I've got big tube hedders with 4" exhaust and dynamax race mufflers and needless to say, the car was louder then most of the harleys and gave them all something else cool to look at. Anyhow, back to the car. I put 74 mains in, screwed the air/fuel screws out 3 1/2 turns and set timeing to 38 total. The surge is 99% gone and car runs like a raped ape, I would say a hundred more H.P. then my old in-line set up. Well ,it seem like alot more power anyhow.

Cool, glad to see things getting sorted out allways love the old seat of the pants Dyno, it's the best.

Now if my motor would just get done I could go out and play also.

-
Back