Mr Gasket 1121G with aluminum heads?

-

KnuckleDuster

Reaction score
Debating these, or another set of 1008's. 1008's were pushing, probably because of not being torqued properly, or not getting re-torqued. Interval for re-torquing with 1008's and/or 1121's, if I should even try them?
Heads and decks will be checked first.

Ran the 1121G with eddy heads for 7 yrs....then head gasket let go......dont know why.....car was used for racing only...

I am sure I got a couple sets still in use with eddy heads.

The 1008s are the right ones for you, unless you go MLS. Some don't, but I always do a re-torque after a couple heat cycles. It helps to run it on a dyno or running stand rather than doing it in the chassis.

I didn’t think you were supposed to run the me. Gasket 1121 due to them leaving dimples in the heads? I have a set of eddy I’m getting ready to bolt up and a set of 1121 but they were going to be used with eq heads but I got a great deal on the eddys

I didn’t think you were supposed to run the me. Gasket 1121 due to them leaving dimples in the heads? I have a set of eddy I’m getting ready to bolt up and a set of 1121 but they were going to be used with eq heads but I got a great deal on the eddys
I heard they are not recommended with aluminum, but not exactly why.
I have a 2 sets of 1121's, one is in an iron-headed 318I have not run yet. Pistons were .040 down...
I bought another set to run on my 410, to bump up compression from 10.1:1, but now having doubts about running them.

I heard they are not recommended with aluminum, but not exactly why.
I have a 2 sets of 1121's, one is in an iron-headed 318I have not run yet. Pistons were .040 down...
I bought another set to run on my 410, to bump up compression from 10.1:1, but now having doubts about running them.
I`l tell u guys a little secret, when building a new motor or replaceing headgaskets, go thru the torque sequence 3 times, but not up to the final torque specs. Leave about 20 pounds for the last run. Wait 12 to 24 hrs. before torqueing the final 20 pounds. I read that some where and did it on my sbc engines, never had to retorque doing it that way, and never blew a headgasket after that.
That was on an aprox. 600 horse sbc too.

I would use the 1008's they hold up well even with a turbo....If you are looking for more compression just mill the heads the .011 difference, if you have valve to piston clearance.

-
Back