MRL Performance 470 Stroker

-

MRL Performance

Reaction score
Here is the absolute latest BBM to hit the dyno from my shop. Its for a new comer to the tech board, Rolling Thunder.

Its basic DNA is as follows:

400 block
4.375" bore 3.91" stoke = 470ci
BCR Main caps
CRE Main Girdle
T&D rockers
Indy 440-C heads, unported, just cleaned up a bit
Victor intake ported a bit
MRL custom roller solid cam
Jesel Belt Drive
Milodon oil system
Special rod/piston combo(off the shelf but very unique)
Dominator 1050
12.7 to 1

730hp from 6600-7000rpm
620tq from 5000-5500rpm(625 peak)

This thing carries 700+HP from 6000-7500rpm and 600+TQ from 4600-6300rpm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uwAFGV-wC0&feature=youtu.be

View attachment Eric 470-1.jpg

View attachment Eric Dyno Graph.jpg

nice build mike hope my 451 makes that much :prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Mike, That's even more impressive when you take into account you were running at 600rpm/sec acceleration rate. Nice job.

Thank goodness, a real and honest price!

We dont build engines that have a narrow power band. I will gladly give up 20hp on the top end to gain 50hp somewhere in the meat of the curve.

I have some more testing that I want to do, but I can not get back to the dyno till the end of next week. Im about 95% there as it sits.

The 295 CNC heads flow a little better than OOTB 440-C heads for sure. Plus they weigh about 1/2 as much. These things are very heavy, 75# at least!

Why did the person go with the cast iron 440 head instead of alum. ?

Why did the person go with the cast iron 440 head instead of alum. ?

Rules. had to run an iron head. We didnt want to use a totally worked over set of stock heads just to replace them every season. The 440-C is the(was the) only other real choice here. Indy no longer makes them. I wont use the MP stuff, to many issues there.

HEY GUYS

Dont forget to go to the web site and sign up for the news letters if you havnt already. I will have a multi part series on this engine that you DONT want to miss!

MRLPERFORMANCE.com sign up is on main page top right.

Thanks a bunch.

The 295 CNC head should. Create a fatter torque curve?
Would the C-ratio stay the same or close?
Would it be pump has friendly?
Thanks

This engine is not pump gas, not at almost 13 to 1 compression.

The 295 EZ would lose power over this head, the exhaust flow is lacking on the EZ heads. The 295 EZ head flows more at .550" and over but loses the battle at the low lift compared to these 440-C heads.

I didnt port the heads, just a little clean up here and there. I did do a valve job and some chamber mods, thats it. I have flow numbers, not to bad.

Hey what cost to build a round figure would be 7,000$ did u powder coat the block too ? n heads ?

Here is the absolute latest BBM to hit the dyno from my shop. Its for a new comer to the tech board, Rolling Thunder.

Its basic DNA is as follows:

400 block
4.375" bore 3.91" stoke = 470ci
BCR Main caps
CRE Main Girdle
T&D rockers
Indy 440-C heads, unported, just cleaned up a bit
Victor intake ported a bit
MRL custom roller solid cam
Jesel Belt Drive
Milodon oil system
Special rod/piston combo(off the shelf but very unique)
Dominator 1050
12.7 to 1

730hp from 6600-7000rpm
620tq from 5000-5500rpm(625 peak)

This thing carries 700+HP from 6000-7500rpm and 600+TQ from 4600-6300rpm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uwAFGV-wC0&feature=youtu.be

Update on this engine.

It will be a feature artical in the July 2013 issue of Mopar Muscle Mag. Im pretty proud and very happy to have it in there.

Hey, thats really great Mike! Well deserved.

Thanks Jim. Im pretty excited about it. I have been in the mags before, but this is the first time I have had a feature!

We'll be watching for it in MM. Great job! Did you say it's going in a pull truck? tmm

-
Back