msd 3 step

-

crazy 340

Reaction score
I bought it used with out any kind of paper
or wiring diagram

I found pretty easily the way to connect it but
I wondering if they need to be inside the car
or if I can put it under the hood.will water damage it???

thanks bob

I think you can down the instructions sheets from MSD and I always install it in the car to keep it cooler under hood temps can effect performance sometimes.

I think you can down the instructions sheets from MSD and I always install it in the car to keep it cooler under hood temps can effect performance sometimes.

same here

Heat will not affect the 3 step rev control under the hood, nor a 3 step retard nor an MSD Ignition Box.

I know because all of mine are mounted there! Heck I welded my forward strut bars to the upper shock tower and it bubbled the paint under all of them but it did not hurt the electronics one bit. I did not realize any of this until the job was completely done. So if they can take that kind of heat, I would sure think those devices will LOL at the temps under the hood without a shadow of a doubt!

The MSD instruction sheet for 7AL-3 under mounting does say it can be mounted under the hood but away from direct source heat so mounting the control box in the car is still how I would do it. By the way all of the instruction sheets are on there website you just need your part #

-
Back