MSD Box w/ pertronix

-

dragnknights

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can install an MSD box if your using a pertronix ignition unit? If so, which wirring schematic should I use?

Thanks for looking.

Does anyone know if you can install an MSD box if your using a pertronix ignition unit? If so, which wirring schematic should I use?

Thanks for looking.
I think it depends on the pertronix unit your using, some of those have the rev limiter and cdi already in them, then theres no need for the msd, did you use the one that replaces the points only?? in that case you can use the msd, you will have to do some searching for the wiring though, in my 74 duster I have an accel dizzy, and a Mallory 6al, used both the brown and blue wires from the ignition switch, not sure what colors your wires would be, you have 2 wires that go to the dizzy from the msd unit, with the pertronix how many wires come off of that??

Thanks 412. I've got the unit that replaces just the points. So I guess I should be ok. I've got two wires coming out of the dist. So according to the MSD website, I guess I hook it up just like if I had the Chrysler electronic ignition?

good luck i had tried that and never could get it to run right i ended up getting a new electronic distributor and that fixed the issue

Will, Time the car and know where the timing is set. Hook up the trigger wires coming out of the distributor to the MSD. If the timing changes, swap the wires and see if it comes back to where it was when you first checked.

I have a bunch of Mopar electronic distributors if you want one.

-
Back