msd connector

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
I have a msd box just wondering if there is a connector made that hooked to msd connector then to stock style distributor connection so I don't have to cut the wires..Here is a pic of msd connector that goes to my distributor

20160803_173735.jpg

I know MSD makes various connectors, but that one specifically I don't know.

Ok, just did a quick google search for MSD to Mopar distributor and didn't find that one.
I did find where a lot people said they had to cut the wires from the MSD and put a Mopar connector on it though.

Last edited:
Go to a junkyard and find another connector...... You don't need cut your original harness....

JW

I cut the connector off the distributor and add the MSD style connector. You are installing an MSD ignition, why save the stock connector? You can get a connector kit from Summit or Jegs, part no. MSD8824. The connectors are Amp Mate-N-Lok not The Molex style like Radio Shack,Fryes, and others sell.

Your picture does not help to identify. Take one of the contact end, post that. It seem 2 wires go in, not sure if 2 contacts, or just one Fast-On terminal. Terminals also vary in size, 0.187" and 0.25" width, so a ruler nearby helps.

I've already identified the connector. It's not a Faston, it's an Amp Mate-n-
lok. I use about a hundred of these a year, so I order them in bulk. If you are only installing one unit then the MSD8824 kit is the way to go. The reason I leave the stock connector on the MSD box and change the connector on the distributor is if you upgrade and want to sell the box, it makes it easier to sell the box if it has a stock connector as opposed to a Mopar only or some other connector and if you upgrade to an MSD distributor, it plugs right in.

-
Back