Msd distributor?

-

DOUGIE800

Reaction score
Just curious what the most common set up is meaning Bushings springs? I know theres not a cut and dry answer for this but just curious what most found was the sweet spot?. Im running a MSD6AL-2/DISTRIBUTOR #8534 no vacuum advance, Havent drivin the car much but did ping a little with the 18*bushing and the blue springs installed, timings about 18 intial and 36 total, Cars a 340 4 speed like I said I know theres lots of factors. D

The bushing they supply is not "big" enough, giving too much mechanical, i made my own bushing at work on a lathe, going to try it this weekend, ever since i installed a 910cfm t-quad it likes more initial like 20, so 38 total is way to much for 11.25 cr. the one i made should give about 12 total, the lightest springs are all in by about 2K i use those but i have a 4400 stall i may change the springs also no real need to bring it in that fast.

Hmmm, Im thinking you have alot more motor than me DEMON, My engines 10 1/2 Slugs but a 4 speed, hoping can find the sweet spot. I know the heavy springs that came with it It didn't ping but power seemed down from Mp dizzy but only drove it briefly last fall. D

i'm going to try the light with blue for a 3,100rpm total. but my main problem was the bushing. 38 is to much for a small block, most good tight sb's with a good strong ignition only need about 30-32 total.

-
Back