MSD ignition question

-

Kenflo

Reaction score
I am hooking up my new ignition:
MSD PN 8388 ready to run distributor and MSD 6AL ifnition box with rev limiter
In the 6AL instructions it says "if your ready to run distributor has a rev limiter, set it to zero. How is this done? Also there is no grey wire on my distributor for the tach wire so my other question is if I have a rev limiter on this distributor? I bought the distributor from a guy that decided not to use it, came with no box or instructions. I looked up the distributor instruction sheet and it shows a grey wire?

I am hooking up my new ignition:
MSD PN 8388 ready to run distributor and MSD 6AL ifnition box with rev limiter
In the 6AL instructions it says "if your ready to run distributor has a rev limiter, set it to zero. How is this done? Also there is no grey wire on my distributor for the tach wire so my other question is if I have a rev limiter on this distributor? I bought the distributor from a guy that decided not to use it, came with no box or instructions. I looked up the distributor instruction sheet and it shows a grey wire?

Hi, I have he same setup, my 6al has a dial rev. limiter which I use, some have different pills that you put in, you can go to the msd website and get the instructions, without looking at mine I cannot tell you about the wiring, not much help but wanted to reply, I do have instructions for mine if you need,Ed

I had downloaded the instructions for the distributor off of the MSD website, I am confused because the instructions say there should be a grey wire for setting the rev limiter and hooking up a tach but my distributor has no grey wire?

Call MSD with the serial number off the distributor and they will help you out. As far as setting up the tach, my 6AL has a tach feed on the box itself.

-
Back