Msd install help

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
We took the 6al box and coil off my dad's car and are in the process of putting everything on mine. We have orange to posotive on the coil and black to negative. The red wire goes to the brown ignition hot wire. We can't figure out which wire is the ignition neutral that goes to the white wire though. Need help ASAP!

http://brianesser.com/technical-information/msd-ignition-wiring-diagrams/

Google the instructions if you can't find them.

Don't forget the blue ign2 wire...

If the car runs now, get a timing reading and DO NOT move the distributor. Hook everything up and check timing. If using an MP distributor and timing changed, swap the output wires from the distributor heading to the msd. If it's remained static, the mag pickup is wired properly.

The car wasn't getting a spark the way we had it before. I looked all over the internet and found a million different diagrams. I'll try a few more times and see what happens before I call a friend over.

White wire is for points or unilite. not used if you have a magnetic pickup dizzy.
Ign 1 and 2 go to the small red wire

there is not a million diagrams. go to the msd site.

so far as i know you do not use the white wire unless you have points as i remember

so far as i know you do not use the white wire unless you have points as i remember

That is correct. She is fired up and screaming. Still has a slight miss at high rpm but I'm thinking that's just timing. Tomorrow i retime it.

Or a Pertronix distributor.

-
Back