MSD Problem

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
Car ran well last week, Went to start it no spark. No power to coil. Have power everywhere else. Has anyone had a MSD failure. This is an older MSD 6A.

Follow the trouble shooting directions in the MSD instructions (you can down load them if they are lost). Depending on how you wired it all you have to do is ground the white wire or short the purple / green together. If it makes a spark then it's not the MSD.

You need to make sure that you have the SMALL red wire HOT in BOTH run and start positions of the key. (just usin the caps for making it clearer, not shoutin! :D).

I'd check that first, thats a common looked over thing (i did it :D)

dgc333 said:
Follow the trouble shooting directions in the MSD instructions (you can down load them if they are lost). Depending on how you wired it all you have to do is ground the white wire or short the purple / green together. If it makes a spark then it's not the MSD.

On my setup that replaced a stock SB electronic ignition, grounding the hot wire (as mentioned in the instructions) will make a kill switch and it will not fire....

Just in case :thumbup:

True but if you ground unground that wire it triggers the ignition. The white wire is used when you hook the MSD to a points ignition or to an aftermarket distributor that has it's own ecu built in.

Thanks for the info. I did the test and unfortunately the box does not fire, it just makes some squeaky sounds. Im just going to through the Mopar stuff back in.

-
Back