MSD wish sparkplugs?

-

duster340

street racer
Reaction score
what do you think are the best sparkplugs for a pretty hot 340 using MSD6A ignition box and an MSD distributor
right now i use ac dellco r43xls sparkpluggs but its time to change them and if there is any better plugs that you could recomend i will give it a try.
thanks in advance:)

I have had good luck with NGK Racing plugs. I raced all last season and only had to change my plugs once.

The NGK I use is #7173, it has the thread length and projected nose like the standard 340 plug but has a 5/8" hex instead of the 13/16" hex. For my application the smaller socket makes it easier to change plugs because I have header plates on my heads.

If I remember correctly this plug is 4 heat ranges colder than the standard 340 plug.

Autolite 64s are 2 levels colder than the NY12s. I run 65s which are 1 level and like a lot. Nothing against NGKs I've had good response with them too. Champion will not use anymore.

I like the NGK or Nippon Denso. whats your gap? with that ignition system I would start @ .045 and maybe go to .050.

most people seems to like NGk pluggs better have asked some and had the question up here to now soo i gues i will go for ngk but the closest place that sells sparkplugs dont seem to have any idea´about msd iginions, should i go for resistor type pluggs or standard copper ones?
lots of questions:(

340 mopar fortunaly i dont have that nice problem with header plates you have so i will go for standard size hex for easier maintaninance without buying another deep socket;)

-
Back