Msd

-
is a blower good for a tractor? depends on the situation...

gonna have to give us some info

I'm gonna skip right to the point with the answer of;

"He'll Ya!"

you told me nothing, are you looking to go racing for fun? building a higher compression motor? just a stocker and looking to build a mpg fun street motor?

What coil would I purchase from their site? I did not see a distributor, could I use a point system??

My 75 Ply. Duster.
I have talked to you about it recently on the exhaust manifolds. I have that figured out, have the intake, carb idea.

225 w/ 904 auto and crap for a rear end.

My 75 Ply. Duster.
I have talked to you about it recently on the exhaust manifolds. I have that figured out, have the intake, carb idea.

225 w/ 904 auto and crap for a rear end.

ok your car already has electronic ignition. some people do not like the factory boxes and some do, they work when they work. if you want to convert to an HEI controller contact TrailBeast.

the MSD box is gonna be money down the drain, better off doing the below.

upgrade to a Petronix 3 Ohm E Coil
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pnx-60130/overview/
install NGK ZFR5N 3459 plugs without the washer, gapped to .045
ebay 8.5mm wires
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261045845276?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Standard Bluestreak cap with brass contacts (CH-410)
new rotor with brass contact

your going to need to do a ballast bypass for the coil (or run a new heavier wire) and use a relay inline to the coil for a full 12v.

I now have a confirmed no. If I want to replace the ignition what would you do? Should I just get a stock replacement or something else.

I now have a confirmed no. If I want to replace the ignition what would you do? Should I just get a stock replacement or something else.

for a stocker no... just the coil and stuff upgraded.

maybe a rev a nator

looking at the real world results it looks like it on par with a 7al-2 which for 200 bucks is a great deal. i will be buying one for my 73 and watching MPG like a hawk to see what happens.

until then i cant say ya or na on it. upgrading the coil and ignition system other than the driver (box) has big gains. for the cost the MSD streetfire isn't a bad deal.

-
Back