muffler flow numbers comparison

-

360duster

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

once i saw a comparison between some types of mufflers regarding the noise and the flow. If i remember correctly then the Magnaflows were the quietest and most freeflowing. Forgot to save this information....Does anybody have this table and can share?

Thanks!

Michael

Muffler flow numbers? LOL

I wasn't doubting it. I know they exist. I am just blown away somebody is even worryin about it on sumthin that will probably not know the difference between a good or bad flowin muffler. lol

All I know about mufflers is, if your using Flowmasters for a street car, I would use 50 series and for a race type car use 40 series. Years ago I had a 71 Chevy Camaro with a stock 350 and headers and had a muffler shop do my exhaust and they put 40 series mufflers on it and it was the loudest car that I heard even compared to some uncorked race cars. The 50 series are a lot quieter and probably won't notice a difference at the track. Just from my past experience. Now I have TTI headers with 3" exhaust and Dynomax mufflers on my Dart and I think it is pretty loud. Stock hyd roller cam in a 380 hp crate motornow.

-
Back