muncie behind 440

-
I can still see his goofy grin.......man,those chevy boys loved to take a beatin'

several articles I've read (years ago) said the factory alumium case used (around75-'76) in the 833OD for cars like the Feather Duster (yeah..right) had problems..primarily with the bearing supports

Right. My understanding is the counter shaft boogers the case up and requires a bushing to repair. That is why "I" would look for a cast iron case......and why I actually have one. Thanks, Sheldon!!!!!

a friend wanted me to ask, he just got 440 and a duster (his first mopar) he has a collection of muncies, hes one of the only guys that runs 4 speeds around here. looking to make the thing into a 11 second 4 speed car.

a friend wanted me to ask, he just got 440 and a duster (his first mopar) he has a collection of muncies, hes one of the only guys that runs 4 speeds around here. looking to make the thing into a 11 second 4 speed car.

Last i saw a good Muncie was going for about a grand. Tell him he could get a nice 833 for half that and save the headache.

he has couple rock crushers already, they work for him. obviously no one here has ever done it, nor do they have anything positive to say about it.

What we are saying is that it is not worth the cost or effort. He would be going out of his way in both cost and built time for zero return.

People don't do/haven't done things for a reason.

Don't take it personally.

M-22s kick ***, plus that howl they give off just begs you to start pullin the gears!

Right. My understanding is the counter shaft boogers the case up
and requires a bushing to repair. That is why "I" would look for a
cast iron case......and why I actually have one. Thanks, Sheldon!!!!!
The modern Passon Performance aluminum case is not a copy of the
weak old Feather Duster piece. It should be just as strong as the cast
iron version.

My nephew is a true Mopar nut. He even named his dog Mopar. I did at one time ask him about putting a M-22 in my Challenger. Next thing i know he reached threw the phone and smackd me. But i would stick with the 833 hands down. I know of some that have put 833's in thier chevys and have had no problems what so ever.

he has couple rock crushers already, they work for him. obviously no one here has ever done it, nor do they have anything positive to say about it.

Don't be so hasty to lump us all together. I never bashed on the idea. I just asked why. You answered it. Because he has a few. Obviously he doesn't have an 833. Tell him to sell one rock crusher. that will bring enough money to buy an entire 833, shifter, linkage, bellhousing, clutch and all and probably still have some left over.

The modern Passon Performance aluminum case is not a copy of the
weak old Feather Duster piece. It should be just as strong as the cast
iron version.

Yes, I should have made that distinction. Sorry about that. Jaime really knows his stuff. He sells some fine products.

How much did this cost?:evil3:
Sad to say, but I do not remember. Was more than one of the ones they produce, that is all I remember. But if you want to do something different, and are willing to pay for it........

I have personally broken a Saginaw (cluster), and m21's(usually 3rd and cluster) in my 70 Nova 350...I learned how to put clutches in that car and rebuild standard trans....they are weak compared to a 833, i have abused the hell out of them behind 340's and 440's and not a problem.

-
Back