Musicians....a moment of silence...

-
Wow... I wonder if the media will give the man the respect HE DESERVES as compared to that little fruitcake Micheal Jackson....

Les Paul will leave a musical legacy behind that few will even come close to. He pioneered track-on-track recording, in electric guitar techniques, and a blazing player for his time. He was indeed the God-father of all the shredders we have today. He was a true musical legend.

I can kick myself in the *** for not going to see him play his weekly Monday night gig at the Iridium jazz club in Manhattan. I've been meaning to go for YEARS, and never made it.

Rest in peace Mr. Paul. You were one of my heros.....

What? I didn't here of this! Urgh! That sucks. At least he had a full life.
I think they have a museum dedicated to him in Milwaukee. I think they set it up just last year too!

It is being reported on Fox News, and CNN with some good articles. It's good to see he's not being ignored. However to me, it should be front page material! :)

It is being reported on Fox News, and CNN with some good articles. It's good to see he's not being ignored. However to me, it should be front page material! :)

Damn straight!! ... Les Paul was way ahead of his time, and he contributed so much to the music world, and to guitar players especially.. He will be missed...

Wow... I wonder if the media will give the man the respect HE DESERVES as compared to that little fruitcake Micheal Jackson....

Les Paul will leave a musical legacy behind that few will even come close to. He pioneered track-on-track recording, in electric guitar techniques, and a blazing player for his time. He was indeed the God-father of all the shredders we have today. He was a true musical legend.

I can kick myself in the *** for not going to see him play his weekly Monday night gig at the Iridium jazz club in Manhattan. I've been meaning to go for YEARS, and never made it.

Rest in peace Mr. Paul. You were one of my heros.....

Story has already dropped to the bottom of MSN's homepage!!! I'm sure our local news will be all over it though,I live outside of Waukesha,WI(Les Paul birthplace). The by-pass around town is called Les Paul Parkway. R.I.P

My son called me and told me about it around noon today.
I think I seen he was 94 years of age.
Rest in peace Les Paul [-o< :rock: You have put so many smiles on many people that got to hear that great sound only a Les Paul guitar could make.
My son has had the pleasure to own a few, But if I remember he sold the last one he had about a year ago.
I seen a news brief on this and I hope the world news don't drop the ball on our great man :sad7:

One of the true greats and a legend in his own time and beyond. I'll play tonght thinking of him...

We lost the Dean of cool! He is responsible for music as we know it today, RIP. He's in Gods band now and sitting with all the greats!!

RIP Les.

It did make NBC's nightly news tonight. But I doubt it will see anything near the amount of coverage he deserves. You don't even have to be a musician to appreciate him, he basically invented music as we know it. I mean, what would music be today without the electric guitar?

A true innovator. 94 is a good long run, but he'll be missed.

we lose another great in the music industry. hang on to your guitars boys.

:rock:It is truly unfortunate that the true pioneers often are overshadowed by those that exploit the limelight.

To Mr.Paul :rock:

Rest in Peace, and thank you

Grant

I wanna say that I heard his first guitar was just a carved out piece of wood.... the man will always be remembered by musicians and music lovers alike... I just wish i could afford one of his guitars!

Les Paul .............wow ,what a player and innovator. He was in a class of people that we are fast losing and there seems to be a shortage of replacements.

RIP, What a great man!
Hey you guys, your axe just doubled in $!

Maybe the vintage ones... but the ones that are still being sold wont be worth any more I dont think... it's just a guitar model by now. But you vintage guys now have gold in your guitar case, haha. As if they weren't worth enough already!!!!

-
Back