My $14.90 Shopping Spree (Real Mexican Take-Out Food)

-

dibbons

Reaction score
This afternoon I made four stops (all within 5 minute drive) because I was out of groceries and drinking water.

Just walked across the street for a couple of things (El Centenario $2.06):
(2) two half-liter Coca-Cola's in returnable bottles @ .53 cents each
(1) one liter low-fat milk @ 1.00 each

Down to the restaurant on the main highway (La Chata $10.53):
(2) two beef burritos @ $1.71 each
(2) two ham tortas (sandwiches) @ 1.58 each
(3) three pork tamales @ .95 cents each
and add tip @ 1.10

On the way home stop for fresh baked tortillas (La Guadalajara $.95):
(1) one kilo (2.2 pounds) corn tortillas @ .95 cents

On the way back home stop for purified/filtered water refills (Juan $1.36):
(2) two 5 gallon bottles drinking water @ .68 cents each

I will supplement that by cooking up some white rice at home and opening up a can of beans daily (actually packaged in micro-wave-able envelopes now), should last me three or four days. Instant coffee with oatmeal or cold cereal in the morning (with occasional hot cakes needing the mix, 1 egg, milk, butter, and honey). Beer is on reserve now in the fridge, too cold outside (high temp only about 75 degrees).

The phone bill is due, too @ $20.50 which is a package that includes internet at 20 mbps, unlimited long distance phone calls within Mexico and to USA and Canada, unlimited calls to cell phones, unlimited local calls.
DSC05591.JPG

Last edited:
This afternoon I made four stops (all within 5 minute drive) because I was out of groceries and drinking water.

Just walked across the street for a couple of things (El Centenario $2.06):
(2) two half-liter Coca-Cola's in returnable bottles @ .53 cents each
(1) one liter low-fat milk @ 1.00 each

Down to the restaurant on the main highway (La Chata $10.53):
(2) two beef burritos @ $1.71 each
(2) two ham tortas (sandwiches) @ 1.58 each
(3) three pork tamales @ .95 cents each
and add tip @ 1.10

On the way home stop for fresh baked tortillas (La Guadalajara $.95):
(1) one kilo (2.2 pounds) corn tortillas @ .95 cents

On the way back home stop for purified/filtered water refills (Juan $1.36):
(2) two 5 gallon bottles drinking water @ .68 cents each

I'll will supplement that by cooking up some white rice at home and opening up a can of beans daily (actually packaged in micro-wave-able envelopes now), should last me three or four days. Instant coffee with oatmeal or cold cereal in the morning (with occasional hot cakes needing the mix, 1 egg, milk, butter, and honey). Beer is on reserve now, too cold outside (high temp only about 75 degrees).

The phone bill is due, too @ $20.50 which is a package that includes internet at 20 mbps, unlimited long distance phone calls within Mexico and to USA and Canada, unlimited calls to cell phones, unlimited local calls.
View attachment 1715257552
Your phone and internet is a steal. No way you'd ever get a deal like that in Canada. We get reamed every month.

-
Back