My 1970 Dart Swinger 340

-

Ooh barracuda

Reaction score
I thought I would share a few pics of my new purchase a 1970 Dart Swinger 340
here are a few pictures
Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks

I'm Jealous. And curious what you gave for it. I understand if you don't want to say. I am wondering what mine may be worth someday.

I saw one similar to the way mine was equipped years ago before the economy tanked and the seller was asking $40 K. ( It was Plum crazy, black vinyl top, black bench seat with four speed and bee stripe) The car was concourse correct though and that matters. Your car looka pretty close to correct with just a quick look. I may be missing something. I always like seeing the Rally dash. I think now the H code 70 swinger would easily sell for $ 20K. $15 if the seller really wanted it gone. Am I in the ballpark?

Strange thing is I was at a car show with my 1965 Barracuda and an elder gentleman approached me stating he liked my Barracuda and wanted to sell his Dart and asked me if I was interested in buying it?
I said where is the car? he stated 5 mins away at his new residence he stated it needed a power brake booster so he no longer drives it.
he took me to the car I bought it and he drove it to my house with no power brakes (they still worked but not good)
I gave him 7,000 for the car. That is what he wanted.
It is a very nicely optioned car and numbers matching as well.

The car was restored in 1991 and still looks great today.
I need to detail the engine
I hate the tires on it ! They are new and they are 215/75/14 I think I want polyglas tires for it.
any thoughts on them?

Yes I did get a great deal on the car.I think the exhaust tips are incorrect they seem too long anyones thoughts?

They do seem to stick out a bit too far. When I had my '70, I ordered a correct new set from Koller Dodge (back in '86), the shape on your does not look correct (too round?). Wow, $7,000, you should feel guilty and sell it to me for $7,500!

As far as tires, are you saying you want "old" polyglas, as in E/70-14s? BFGs would look good on those Rallyes.

They do seem to stick out a bit too far. When I had my '70, I ordered a correct new set from Koller Dodge (back in '86), the shape on your does not look correct (too round?). Wow, $7,000, you should feel guilty and sell it to me for $7,500! As far as tires, are you saying you want "old" polyglas, as in E/70-14s? BFGs would look good on those Rallyes.

They are not too round just too long I think they were for a B-body

Yes I want repop Goodyear polyglas E-70-14

You have a very nice looking Dart. Do you have any more pics of the interior?

Car looks great and a real good deal. Are the tips to long or simply installed incorrect?

Nice car, look like duster tips to me. They are the same as the swinger but longer

$7K Score! :cheers:

Dig it- very nice car. You might be able to grind the welds off those tips cut the pipe a bit and slip em back on.

$7K Score! :cheers:Dig it- very nice car. You might be able to grind the welds off those tips cut the pipe a bit and slip em back on.

Thanks for the tip, I think I will buy new ones and sell the ones on my car.
anyone interested in them LMK Thanks

I want to change the tires on my swinger 340
I am thinking either white walls or raised white letters (205/70/14)
OR I have this set of Hurst rims that I think will fit they are 4.5 bolt pattern
I would like your opinions....Rally wheels with what tires ? OR Hurst wheels with what tires ?
THANK in advance for your help.......

Those Hurst wheels won't fit as our A-bodies have a 4" bolt circle, nice wheels though I want a set for my Barracuda! 215 70 14 BFG Radial T/As look/fit the best on A-bodies I find.

You stole the car as everyone has said!

Those Hurst rims are BAD ***. But you'd have to swap to later suspension parts to make them fit, a no-no if you're all about stock. As long as those polyglas repops are radials go for it, a more modern tire might be more comfortable though.

-
Back