My 1st abody in Vegas

-

HawaiiDuster

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be getting my first Vegas abody. Not exactly what I wanted, but its a start. As long as the guy doesn't back out between now and 4pm tomorrow I'll have this car:

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/car/571259819.html

I was originally thinking about using just for the parts, but it seems like a pretty cool car. Besides the buckets, console, part vinyl roof (actually felt more like cloth), disc brakes, its got the fold down rear seat. Didn't find any major damage to the body, just a bunch of surface rust. The engine was supposedly rebuilt but never started. If I can't get myself to warm up to a late Duster, I might just have to buy Robs Duster and put everything from this one into it. If anyones interested the guy has another one that also has the fold down rear seat, said he'd let me have that one for $400. Hope my 72 in Hawaii doesn't find out I'm cheating on her:-D

looks like a great buy for that price 75 with the 318 should have bbp discs probably 8.25 i guess maybe bbp 7.25 with the 318 spool mount k frame and some other good stuff. hey dont hate on the late dusters they still look better than any chevy :-D if worse comes to worse buy yourself a 70-72 front clip. Actually all you would need is the hood hood support grill filler panel and bumper the fenders are the same other than an l shaped tab to hold the hood support on. For that price you cant go wrong. Nice find Justin

By any chance, would a '72 Dart clip work on let's say a '72 and up Duster/Demon? Are the fenders different?

if you had all the panels im sure you could do it but there is one thing i forgot that may pose a problem. the 74 up a bodies no longer used the same bumper supports in the framerails. The framerails for 68-73 cars are the same but the 74-76 cars used that gigantic impact bumper that only bolts up with one bolt in the frame rail so you would haveto do some fabing to get the 70-72 bumpers on.That would look cool with the 70-72 dart front clip on the duster a sort of demon that never was. By the way gtx do you have a 72 dart clip or something i know you had that car a while back do you still have the clip i know a guy looking for one. Justin

I did seriously think about changing the front clip and looking for a wreck 72 to cut out the tail panel:-D It has the 8.25, but I have a 8.75 sitting in the garage with new BBP axles, I also have a Wilwood rear disc kit for it. Its also a factory A/C car. The 340 will probably end up in it, but I need to get a suitable trans. I have a 904 reverse manual VB with a 4200 stall and a TCI 727, but they are both in Hawaii.

DartSportGreg just listed a bunch of parts including a 727 that seems like it would easily live behind your 340. The only catch is that it is in OR and I don't think he wants to ship. Maybe you could talk him into it if you were interested. It's only $200.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=31557

2.) 727 tourqueflite Small block transmission rebuilt with less than 1000 miles on it(switched to a 4 speed right after it was rebuilt). It has 4 pinion front and rear planetaries, 4.2 kickdown lever, Alto red eagle clutches, more deep trans pan kit(chrome) comes with crossmember and transdipstick/ fluid tube
i spent about 400.00 on just eternal parts for rebuilding this thing $200.00 firm
pick-up in Portland Oregon area only.

Justin, I just sent a PM as to not totally hi-jack Craig's thread.

Hi-jack away :cheers: you know we all share back home. If that trans was closer I'd buy it.

Hey Joe you been by my house lately? Just wondering if my car was still in the garage. The last time I left a car in the garage and left the island, my dad had it sent to the wrecking yard. That car was a 68 Coronet R/T Hemi 4 spd:violent1:

Hi-jack away :cheers: you know we all share back home. If that trans was closer I'd buy it.

Hey Joe you been by my house lately? Just wondering if my car was still in the garage. The last time I left a car in the garage and left the island, my dad had it sent to the wrecking yard. That car was a 68 Coronet R/T Hemi 4 spd:violent1:

So we have another car in common. Well ... uh ... besides the hemi & the 4-spd. :toothy10:

no,,,but I could drive by and check if you like,,,,,let me know if I need to rescue it,,,LOL

Nice score Craig. Those late Duster can look pretty good with the 340 stripes on them and a set of rallyes.

Well I checked it out a little better today, and turns out its a 76 not a 75. No big deal on that part the title matches the car, but its a AZ title so I gotta see what NV is gonna charge to change it over. Never did a out of state title before, but if it turns out to be too much of a hassle I have an AZ address also.

-
Back