My 273 1/4 Mile Time Slip With Video

-
Sounds like my 273 only the E4 cam is bigger than .400 lift. I would be lucky if mine ran 15 flat. Must be the rear gear because it sure isn't the engine. Just sayin'

in stock , it's total combo, rings, valve grind, cam lobe shape, carb, gears tires, suspension, convertor ,headers, all adds up, usually not very streetable, my 340 duster is not streetable. lol

well, my thought is, means he mentioned .400 lift, we are talking a stock eliminator set up - almost - as he did say he drives it on the street. Still, a very nice pass. The 1.5 60 ft says we are leaving the line at a lot of RPM with some gear in the rear. But he's done some really cool and fast small block builds, 318's and such
Most don’t realize but ETs are usually in the 60 ft. Can tell a lot about an engine in the mph. Still doing great with that little engine.

Most don’t realize but ETs are usually in the 60 ft. Can tell a lot about an engine in the mph. Still doing great with that little engine.
Ceedawg, Could you explain "ET's are usually in the 60 ft."?

Ceedawg, Could you explain "ET's are usually in the 60 ft."?
No wind resistance, lowest ratio (like a longer prybar) plus torque multiplication in converter to get car moving. All things equal between 2 cars if your car goes 1.5 60 and his goes 1.75 60 his car can’t pick those .25 seconds up down track and most likely you’ll be more than the .25 faster. I’ll go back and look at his 1/8 mile times

i assume he has the 2.74 first gear in trans, the 340 needs the same ratio, in stock, you blueprint the engine, deck hgts are equal hgt, rods are equal length crank stroke is equal, also is balanced, head chambers are equal size, ring combo is important, as are bore finishes the cam is usually a dwell nose style, needs lots of spring press, just food for thought. ring tension is important. and width is usually narrow face style

i assume he has the 2.74 first gear in trans, the 340 needs the same ratio, in stock, you blueprint the engine, deck hgts are equal hgt, rods are equal length crank stroke is equal, also is balanced, head chambers are equal size, ring combo is important, as are bore finishes the cam is usually a dwell nose style, needs lots of spring press, just food for thought. ring tension is important. and width is usually narrow face style
This is what I’m building now, 340 for E or F/Stock in a Duster. Been thinking of turning down the thickness of the ring at the edge then notching for gas ports. What are your ring gaps? Heads-intake were done by Bud in Maryland.

gas ported rings are not allowed, total seal has gas ported spacers, which are legal also, can install metric rings, they are worth power. total seal makes spacers to install thinner rings in top two grooves . well worth the cost. use a napier second ring, can lower oil ring tension lot more then . a 1.2 mm top ring and a 1.5 second ring works very good. oil ring should be bout 6# pull.

My first gear is steeping than a 2.74.

wasn't sure, my son says there's a 3.0 gear now, i use a four speed in mine ,

-
Back