My 360 Block

-

barracudadave67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I went to the machine shop and retrieved my 360 block today. Its a 75 block. The shop sleeved # 3 cyl, bored all cylinders out .030, honed it, and did a mild deck job so my heads will fit nice.
Cost me $350.00 for all the work. I paid $200.00 for it, as a short block. Im happy.
Dave

20190904_162319.jpg

20190904_162330.jpg

20190904_162340.jpg

Nice, that’s cheap. I priced out the same work 2 months ago it was $200.00 to sleeve 1 cylinder, $280.00 for the bore job and $160.00 to deck the block up here in Canada. That was the cheapest I could find. At a performance shop u can double that. Kim

That's danged reasonable. Was it decked to a specific height or just straightened up? Either way, it'll be a nice foundation.

It was just decked to clean it up.
I had it done at Westech Automotive in Silver Lake WI. They are known for getting along with Mopars.
I was surprised at the cost (LOW), my self. When I was in picking it up they had an E body Cuda 340, with 3 2vs
tuning it up. I mentioned my 69 B-Cuda 340, but I only had a single demon on mine, and he said "keep it that way"
But they talk, and do Mopar there.
Dave

I went to the machine shop and retrieved my 360 block today. Its a 75 block. The shop sleeved # 3 cyl, bored all cylinders out .030, honed it, and did a mild deck job so my heads will fit nice.
Cost me $350.00 for all the work. I paid $200.00 for it, as a short block. Im happy.
Dave

View attachment 1715389617

View attachment 1715389618

View attachment 1715389619

Nice job on the sleeve on #3, I can expand up that first picture and see the new sleeve in there.

That's super cheap...I think I have ~ $1500 in my block

Nice, that’s cheap. I priced out the same work 2 months ago it was $200.00 to sleeve 1 cylinder, $280.00 for the bore job and $160.00 to deck the block up here in Canada. That was the cheapest I could find. At a performance shop u can double that. Kim
here in indiana, 80 bucks to sleeve a cylinder. 40 for the bore and hone per cylinder, 20 to hone per cylinder. 350 to balance, 100 to zero deck, 75 to install cam bearings and freeze plugs

My 543 RB block was bored, honed with Torque plates,square decked, line bored for billet main caps plus sonic checked, cleaned with cam bearings and frost plugs installed. The guy I got it from says he had over $2000.00 into it. Kim

A good friend of mine was in need of money to go in the hospital so I bought a 360 block from him that he had done at the same machine shop I use. I paid 675.00 for the block, bored and honed .030, deck squared and cut, cam bearings, magnifluxed, brass soft plugs. I didn’t really need it at this time as I was a little low on funds but his legs are so swelled up they look like they are going to explode

It was just decked to clean it up.
I had it done at Westech Automotive in Silver Lake WI. They are known for getting along with Mopars.
I was surprised at the cost (LOW), my self. When I was in picking it up they had an E body Cuda 340, with 3 2vs
tuning it up. I mentioned my 69 B-Cuda 340, but I only had a single demon on mine, and he said "keep it that way"
But they talk, and do Mopar there.
Dave

I've been wondering about Westech. It's a little farther away from me but they seem to be the complete deal. Pricing seems very good too. I've got a '77 360 block waiting for it's turn and I will definitely drive down and talk to them.
You don't mention a line hone, which it seems most folks do. Was that not done because they checked it and it doesn't need it or a leap of faith? I don't have a lot of experience rebuilding motors but I struggle to understand why all these blocks are getting line honed.

I've been wondering about Westech. It's a little farther away from me but they seem to be the complete deal. Pricing seems very good too. I've got a '77 360 block waiting for it's turn and I will definitely drive down and talk to them.
You don't mention a line hone, which it seems most folks do. Was that not done because they checked it and it doesn't need it or a leap of faith? I don't have a lot of experience rebuilding motors but I struggle to understand why all these blocks are getting line honed.
The line hone $$$ is the machinsts retirement fund.

-
Back