My 360 Saga

-
I have a Weiand Stealth intake and a 750 Edelbrock carb that I'm taking off of my car. Would do some trading on the tunnel ram and dual fours. Have some pictures let me know what you think.

i don't know who you bought it from, and yea i think that was to much, but mabey he thought it ran good! i say this because i bought a 360 out of a 78 van, heard it run first ran good no smoke ticks or knocks 100 dollars, bought it tore it down nastiest motor i've ever seen i don't know how it ran,it had sludge 4 inches deep,if i hadn't heard it run i would never belived it, goodluck

Do you guys have a good place to buy all the stuff I need for good prices? I only know of Mancini

Another place to check prices is www.northernautoparts.com You usually have to call them and tell them what you want if it's high performance stuff cause they don't list all their stuff online. I bought from them quite a few times and allways got good service and good prices. They allways seem to have what I need in stock too.

On Comps cams stuff they have the best prices and Summit racing will match them. Auto zone too. I just got a new Mellings oil pump drive, both Jegs and Summit wanted $42.99, Auto Zone wanted $21.99, Summit matched it, I just had to tell them where I seen it and wait for the OK.

Dusterboy when you pmed me this "go head haha ..sorry ur jsut gonna have to wait for them but thats fine good luck with the rest of the motor... im hoping its not cracked for you"

I really hope u werent tryin to be a Dick...... Just b/c I dont want 7 outta 8 of ur pistons that arent even the right bore size doesnt mean u have to act like that..... If I'm gonna build the engine I'm not gonna do what u suggested and put .040 pistons in a .030 bore.. that makes no since.

Jason

nooooo nooo i wasnt......i got pistons from kb and i have to wait 2 weeks for the new ones...and by the way the motor looks i hope its not cracked because the use of new pistons would be a waste and i dident know they were 30 over i thought they were stock since those look like stock pistons...no harm i dont want any trouble

In the first pic as stated the unit looks killer. Were the heads suppose to be something different? Was the motor represented as a pumped up motor? It looks a sthough the motor was capable of running. How was the motor represented. Who did you have look at it and do they know what they are looking at? What did you ask them to look at besides the paint, or the valve covers? I am not the seller either. But i've been there.

Bought what was supposed to be a 440 six pak motor but after the tear down it wasn't. Had some great components and they are well worth the $2000 i gave for it. Not to mention a correct dated block. When finished i'll have $6000 in it and am satisfied with what i will end up. No it won't run on pump gas. Buying or having a motor built is a risk in this hobby and is not cheap. Not much warranty either.

Hope it works out for you. Try Summit on parts. 800-230-3030

what do you guys think of this kit vs the mancini kit?
http://www.northernautoparts.com/Cart.cfm I dont know a lot about the pistons on this kit I know they are slightly less compression Comp / Dist - 1.637 Set than the KB107's Comp. Ht: 1.675 I was thinking about getting. I've heard of ppl getting these and having about 9.1 CR or so.... I'd like to get that # up a bit do you think the KB107's are worth the extra coin? BUt I get a Cam w.this kit a\but no oil pump like on the mancini kit.

Mancini kit w/kb107's for $440 shipped
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/sealpowkitc.html

$416, wow but yeah engines are heavy! and 1200 miles. No, next time go on E-bay and find a motor within driving distance. If you have no truck, you can rent one, Homedopt has truck but there might be a mileage limit. A new truck would get bang up.

I can relate to some of all of your post. The $1000 tore apart 340? Shady? I sold a bare 340 block for $600 and the only thing it had on it was cosmoline.

I agree that any knucklehead can tear one down(that's me). Haven't developed enough confidence to put one together. Probably could but as long as i can afford it i'll probably fork over the cash. I should do a stock build 318 so i wouldn't distroy much if i did it wrong or left something out like a piston or a lifter. I've sold cars that you guys wouldn't give $50 for much less the four digit sum i sold it for. That was what the man wanted and was willing to pay. That constitutes a deal in my book. A wise man once told me " You will never go broke taking a profit "

Removed my posts, gees. Whatever. Jason, if you feel you got screwed, which you didn't in my eyes. Remember, what goes around, comes around. The guy that sold you the 360 will get his someday. Happy now.....

Last post.

Maybe right now things are tough for many folks, its a good time to get a good buy if you can swing it but theres also a few bad apples who will do almost anything to make a buck to get by.

So more than ever its buyer beware.

And yes, Jason got a half way ok deal. But on here, its not like E-bay I would hope. We are to know more about engines and try to help each other out.

I seen in the past, people trading items, even giving them away, just to help another member. So thats why he might have thought he was getting a great deal and not a "fair" deal.

I still like to know the reason for a brand new paint job on a worn out motor?

Last post.

I still like to know the reason for a brand new paint job on a worn out motor?

Yep, it's kinda like the new paint job on a bondo filled car. It's hiding something.

When you can't start a motor, you gotta HOPE the guy is telling the truth about it.

Stuff like this makes me leary about buying anything used, from anybody. If it was a misrepresented car on Ebay more people would be upset about it.

At least Jason is making the best of this. He's trying to improve what he got.

Last post too.

.....that the motor was painted on the stand it is setting on. Old motor. Pull valve cover and intake and paint then install all the goodies. Look at the stand it's on and you can see the paint partially on the stand it's setting on. The guy did one hell of a good looking job wheather it would run or not. I guess there were pistons in it.

-
Back